16. ASTRONOMY TOWER

| CHAPTER SIXTEEN |

ASTRONOMY TOWER.

IVY EVANS AVOIDED DONNA FOR the following week. 

Deep down she knew how petty she was being, but she just couldn't help it. She didn't like being forced into anything, let alone having to spill her deepest and darkest secret. Okay, maybe it wasn't the darkest secret she had, but it was certainly one she couldn't afford to let slip. She liked Regulus Black.

She didn't understand why but there was just something about the black haired Slytherin, something that made him stick in her head. Something that made her picture his icy blue eyes in her head at random times of the day.

So, to keep her mind occupied, the redhead was practically at the Astronomy Tower everyday, doing every single homework she was handed and staying out there past curfew to look at all the stars. Ivy thought she was being secretive, that nobody knew where to find her if they needed to, but she was wrong. 

One certain Slytherin knew exactly where she was all because the Astronomy Tower was the place where he would go to clear his head, to get away from it all. However, when Regulus spotted Ivy walking up there everyday for the last week, he decided not to go up and let her have privacy. Until one night, when he didn't spot her anywhere in sight and decided to go sit there for a few minutes. He was completely shocked when he spotted the girl sitting by a window, her school book opened on the ground, long forgotten as she stared out at the sunset.

The sound of the door opening caught Ivy's attention, and she was shocked when her eyes met the icy blue ones she seemed to be so fond of.

"Sorry, I didn't realise you were up here," Regulus confessed, "I'll leave," He turned back around, just about to step past the threshold of the door when Ivy finally called out to him, causing him to look over his shoulder at the redhead.

"You can stay if you want," She told him, her voice sounded so soft, like music to his ears, "There's enough room."

Regulus weighted the options of staying or leaving in his head before he finally walked back in, shutting the door quietly behind himself. Feeling slightly awkward, he walked over towards the balcony of the tower, peering over it as the gorgeous hues of scarlet and yellow painted the sky.

"I didn't realise you were into Astronomy," Regulus finally piped up.

Ivy glanced away from the setting sun, "Yeah," She smiled and nodded, "I'm awful at it, but I just love stars," She admitted, "What about you? Do you like it?"

Regulus nodded, his hair flopped around his forehead, "Being named after a star usually has that effect on you," He chuckled, his eyes glued on Ivy.

"Yeah, that makes sense," Ivy chuckled before silence took over the room, this time, however, the silence was more comforting rather than awkward as Ivy carefully stood up and walked over to the balcony. She could feel Regulus' eyes on the side of her face but she didn't turn towards him, instead she did her best to keep her eyes in front of her.

Regulus carefully watched her. Practically admiring the way the golden hues from the sun lit up her face before shaking his head and clearing his throat, "How come you've been up here everyday?" He asked, cursing at himself when he realised how much of a stalker he must've seemed like now.

Ivy let out a sad sigh, "I fought with Donna the other day and--Wait a second," She turned her whole body to look at the Slytherin, "How do you know I've been up here everyday?"

Regulus turned his body to face her, "The question sounds much more creepy than I intended it to, I promise," He quickly explained, practically tripping over his own words. She arched her eyebrow and stared at him, "I usually come here to clear my head," Regulus began explaining, his voice a lot more composed this time, "I have done since the second year, I noticed you coming up here the last few days so I left you alone."

Her gaze softened as her heart began beating loudly in her chest, "Regulus, you didn't have to do that," As she told him that, her hand flew up to his bicep, "You should've let me know."

Unknown to Ivy, Regulus too felt his heart picking up its speed, "It's fine. You looked like you needed the space more than I did."

Ivy could feel her cheeks reddening as she softly smiled at him. He seemed different. A lot more different to how he was when she had first met him and she couldn't help the thoughts that swarmed her mind as she looked at him, "So, what about today? How come you finally came in?"

"I didn't see you coming in," Regulus admitted, he could've sworn he'd noticed her face drop a tiny bit, "But I'm glad I did," He added, his mouth spewing out words before his brain could even comprehend what he was going to say next, "I'm really glad I did."

Ivy couldn't help but notice that the space between them seemed to be getting smaller. Her jade green eyes seemed to flicker between his eyes that shone a much warmer colour due to the reflection of the sun, and lips which looked soft, "I'm really glad you did, too," She whispered, and before she could think about what was happening. Ivy smashed her lips right onto Regulus'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN- AHHHHHH! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED! How do you guys like the kiss scene? It was actually super spontaneous but I think I'm liking it.