29. I LOVE YOU

| CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE |

I LOVE YOU.

IVY WAS FURIOUS. HOW COULD Severus Snape think he could speak like that to her sister? The rage in her veins didn't go away when she found her sister crying as she rushed up the stairs, disappearing into her dormitory.

Trying to cool off, the redhead decided to make her way up to the Astronomy Tower. She passed the Marauders who all sent her a apologetic look as they rushed towards the Gryffindor common room. However, the younger Evans didn't bother even looking at them, she simply kept her eyes forward as she walked through the school. 

When she finally arrived at the Tower, she couldn't help but feel slightly saddened by the fact that it was empty. However, that didn't last long as after about fifteen minutes of sitting alone with her thoughts the door opened. Curiosity got the better of her, and subconsciously her lips lifted when she spotted a Slytherin boy walking straight towards her.

Standing up, Ivy rushed into Regulus' open arms. He enclosed her tightly, pressing his cheek on top of her head as she shoved her face into his chest. Her arms were wound tightly around his torso, locked behind his back. She didn't even realise how much she needed that hug until that very moment.

"Is she okay?"

Regulus' question caught her off guard. She let her jade eyes look up at the black haired boy, "Lily?" She asked, earning a nod in response, "I don't know," She sighed before placing her head back onto Regulus' chest, "She refused to talk to anyone. Locked herself up in her dorm."

A comforting silence filled the air before Regulus placed his lips on Ivy's head, he kissed her hair before finally speaking again, "I can hex Snape if you need me to?"

Ivy felt a soft chuckle leave her lips, an action that caused Regulus' heart to flutter, "That'd be pretty nice, but I can't have you getting expelled now can I?" She said in a teasing tone as she looked up at Regulus, her jade eyes gazing softly into his icy blue ones. As cold as they looked, they seemed to make her feel warm inside. A small, yet genuine, smile formed on her face.

Regulus felt himself smiling down at the redhead, his eyes sparkled as he scanned her face, taking notes of every little freckle that was scattered on her nose and cheeks, a small scar above her eyebrow, her plump lips which were embedded in between her upper teeth, "You're so beautiful. I love you."

Ivy's eyes widened with shock, "W-W-What?--What?" She stuttered, not believing that she heard him right.

Regulus snapped from his gaze, silently cursing at himself, "Shit. I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed, "I-I--"

"I love you too," Ivy breathed out, it took several seconds but she managed to regain her exposure. Her cheeks were still flushed as she sheepishly smiled at Regulus.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do," She told him, "Otherwise I wouldn't have said it. I love you Regulus Black."

His grin stretched from ear to ear as he connected their lips together. Even though they have kissed countless times, this time it felt different. It was much more passionate, more emotional. Ivy's hands wound themselves in his jet black hair as he gripped her waist tightly, pressing her as close to his body as he physically could. Their lips moved magically together. It all just felt so right as forbidden as it all was.

When they finally pulled away, their foreheads connected as their uneven breathing was the only thing they could hear. Regulus let his eyes look deep into hers. They both looked at one another with adoration, "I love you Ivy Evans."