9. CIGARETTES AND CHEAP COLOGNE

| CHAPTER NINE |

CIGARETTES AND CHEAP COLOGNE.

THE FAMILIAR SMELL OF CIGARETTES and cheap cologne filled Ivy's nose. 

Turning her head to the side, she spotted a smug looking Sirius Black making his way towards her. She heard Donna sighing besides her as Sirius dragged a clearly occupied chair over to the girls' table.

"Someone was sitting on that," Donna pointed out, nodding her head towards the chair.

Sirius shrugged, "I didn't see them," He smirked before placing his elbows on the library table.

"Are you lost?" Ivy asked, tilting her head in amusement as she looked at the grey eyes boy.

He gave her a look, "Ha ha, very funny, Miss Evans," Sirius replied sarcastically.

"No, but seriously, what are you doing here?" Donna asked, placing her hands over the pages of her book as she interrogated the older teenager, "Do you know how long it took me to persuade this one over here," She pointed to Ivy, "To come to the library? I don't need anyone coming here and stealing her away."

Sirius snorted, "Of course I do, I heard you two bickering about the library for the last week we've been here," He explained, pushing some of his jet black hair out of his face, "But I'm here to ask you something," He explained looking at the red head, his expression changed from humour to serious in an instant.

"Go on," Ivy said, intrigued to what he needed to ask.

Sirius cleared his throat before he ran a hand through his shoulder length hair, messing it up ever so slightly, "Well, you see..." He began, Ivy watched him carefully, he looked almost nervous, "I know I sprung the 'dating' thing up on you, but I would really appreciate if you would come with me to the Black Ball during the term break."

Ivy's eyes widened, what just came out of Sirius' mouth was probably the last thing she had been expecting to hear from the black haired boy, "W-what? Are you serious?"

He nodded.

"But I'm...I'm a muggle-born."

He smiled, "I know," He nodded his head understandingly, "That's why it'd be perfect."

Ivy stared at him with a confused look on her face before a light bulb switched on in her head and she gasped. Donna watched the pair, going back and forth as if she was watching a tennis match.

"You want them to disown you," Ivy stated, looking sadly at the grey eyed boy. Her heart ached for him, for the fact that both he and his younger brother had to live in such a household.

Sirius chuckled nervously, moving his gaze from the red head to his hands as he fiddled with his fingers, extremely nervously, "Yeah," He breathed out. It felt like a ton of bricks had just been lifted off his chest as he finally admitted it, "Yeah, I do."

Donna averted her eyes quietly, a frown forming on her lips as she listened to the words leaving Sirius' mouth. She knew of his family and their Pureblood ways - everyone in the wizarding world did - and she sympathised with him deeply.

Ivy nodded, "I'll come with you," She told him, reaching over the table to hold onto his hand; a friendly and comforting gesture which seemed to put a small smile on Sirius' face, "Thank you," He told her sincerely, nodding his head as he squeezed her fingers.

"You don't have to thank me," She told him before the three of them sat in a comforting silence.

Ivy suddenly felt eyes on her.

Turning her head slightly, her eyes danced around the library before they connected with a pair of gorgeously blue ones. She sent the younger Black a polite smile which - surprisingly - he actually returned before going back to his conversation with Evan when he noticed both Sirius and Donna also looking in his direction.

"Did you just smile at Regulus?" Donna asked, turning back to her best friend and looking at her with a shocked expression.

"More importantly, did Regulus just smile back?" Sirius asked, a teasing tone to his voice as he mischievously looked at the younger red head.

Ivy rolled her eyes but could feel her cheeks warm under the stare of both Donna and Sirius, shrugging she replied, "He's not too bad."

Sirius turned serious, "Wait, what?" He asked looking perplexed, "I was just joking, I didn't realise you've been talking to him."

"We sit together in Potions," Ivy explained, looking down at her homework trying to end the conversation about a certain blue eyed boy.

"It doesn't mean you have to talk to him," Sirius scoffed.

"Sirius! He's your brother."

"I know who he is, Ivy, that's why I know what he's like," Sirius fired back, his voice raising slightly causing a few curious students to glance over.

Ivy's eyes shot up from her book, "No, Sirius, you don't know what he's like," She told him, staring him right in the eyes as she spoke, "When was the last time you spoke to him, ey? I sure as hell know I've never seen the pair of you speaking, so how do you know?" She asked, but before Sirius could come up with a reply, the red head slammed her book closed and stood up; almost knocking her chair over as she did so, "Besides," She laughed bitterly, "I never even told you two that he actually saved me from that filth-bag Crouch," She watched both Sirius and Donna sharing a shocked and confused look, "Yeah, that's right," Ivy muttered quietly before she grabbed hold of her shoulder bag and threw it over her shoulder.

Storming away from the table, she could feel the eyes of the students around her on her, "What the fuck are you all looking at?" She fired at them before she left the library and was asked - not so politely - by Madam Pince to never return back there.