24. HAIR GEL

| CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR |

HAIR GEL.

IVY EVANS SAT IN BETWEEN an arguing Donna and Jasper. After Dumbledore's usual 'welcome back' speech the pair had gotten into a deep debate, and the subject? Well, the subject was the best hair gel. Jasper argued that the best hair gel was one made by wizards, where as Donna stayed true to her Muggle-born ways and debated that Muggle hair gel was the best.

The redhead tried her best to not listen and simply eat her food, but the constant back and forth from one ear to the other was extremely distracting. Although, something that was even more distracting was the feeling of being watched.

As casually as possible, Ivy took a quick glance around the Great Hall. Students chatted away happily with their friends whilst enjoying the delicious meal the house elves made for their return. Her eyes suddenly locked with icy blue ones. Ones she had missed seeing. She felt her lip lift in a small smile as Regulus took a quick look around the Hall. 

When he seemed content enough that no one was paying attention to him, he looked back at Ivy before nodding his head towards the large doors. They were already open as a few students - mainly the young ones - left to go up to their dorms already. She was quick to pick up on his meaning and before she even knew what she was doing she nodded her head. A small smile appeared on Regulus' face, a smile he clearly tried to wipe away. 

He broke the eye contact first. Ivy watched him carefully as he whispered something to Evan before he stood up. His icy blue eyes spotted Ivy once again before he began to walk away from the Slytherin table. 

The redhead couldn't help but smile to herself as she looked down at the table. She waited several seconds after Regulus left the Great Hall before she let out a fake yawn. Neither Jasper or Donna even noticed Ivy slipping away, and she felt quite accomplished by that. She walked out of the Great Hall around the same time the Marauders did; something she was grateful for as it made it seem more normal. Sirius spotted the redhead and sent her a discreet wink as he watched her make her way in the direction of the Astronomy Tower.

Night was slowly creeping in and the only light in the castle was from the candles and the bright moonlight as the redhead Gryffindor walked up the many stairs of the Astronomy Tower. Her heart was racing fast for some reason and she had to take in a deep breath before she finally pushed the door open.

Her eyes were already adjusted to the dark and so she instantly spotted a dark figure standing with their back towards her at the balcony. The figure turned their head around at the sound of the door and Ivy instantly spotted Regulus' eyes looking directly at her. They seemed much darker due to the lack of light but they still made her feel warm inside. 

"Hi," The redhead said shyly, she didn't really know why she felt so shy but she did.

Regulus smiled brightly at her, his cheeks already hurting from the action he hadn't done for the entire summer, "Hi," He breathed out.

Ivy bit her lip as she took a few steps forwards, her jade green eyes looked down at her shoes as she reached the balcony, her heart beating violently in her chest.

The silence between them was quite comforting as they stood close together. So close that Ivy's shoulder was pressed up against Regulus' bicep.

"You looked beautiful at the Ball," Regulus suddenly said after several minutes of silence. Ivy turned her head to look at the blue eyed boy, "I mean you look beautiful all the time. Gorgeous even. But that dress really suited you."

Ivy felt her cheeks burning and she was incredibly glad for the lack of light, "Thank you," She said shyly, no one had ever said anything like that about her and truthfully she didn't really know how to respond, "It probably wasn't the most appropriate colour."

Regulus shook his head, "It was," He told her sincerely, "You lit up the entire room. Just like always."

"No I don't," Ivy said, shaking her head.

"Yeah, you do," Regulus said, looking straight at her. Without thinking he reached up to the side of her face and tugged a loose strand of bright ginger hair behind her ear.

Ivy glanced to her side, Regulus' hand was still on her cheek as she looked into his eyes, "You looked really handsome at the Ball too," She chuckled softly, "Black suits suit you."

Regulus' lips widen in a large grin, he chuckled softly as he turned his body towards her. Ivy was quick to follow his action. Her legs seemed to grow a mind of their own as she took a step forwards, her eyes moving from his to his lips. His blue eyed seemed to do the same to her before he dipped his head down, meeting her lips halfway.