21. DON'T LET EACH OTHER GO

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |

DON'T LET EACH OTHER GO. 

"SO, WHAT'S GOING ON WITH you and my brother then?" Sirius suddenly asked as they walked around a small park.

"What do you mean?" Ivy questioned, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"You know what I mean, Rose," Sirius stated, sending a teasing yet pointed look at the younger Gryffindor, "I saw the longing stares," He added before fishing a crumbled looking packet of cigarettes out of his pocket.

Ivy sighed, she glanced up at the stars which were shining brightly in the night sky. Her face was illuminated by the crescent moon and the fire from Sirius' lighter before she finally looked back at the grey eyed boy, "Do you promise not to freak out?"

Sirius raised an eyebrow and took the lit cigarette out of his mouth, "Depends."

"On?"

"On what you tell me."

Ivy bit her lip nervously, "IkissedRegulusintheAstronomytower."

Sirius looked puzzled, "What?"

Ivy let out another sigh. She ran her hand through her soft, red curls; which she unpinned and let loose around her shoulders, "I kissed Regulus in the Astronomy Tower."

Sirius stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes wide. His mouth slightly agape; causing his cigarette to fall out, "W-What? Does that mean you two are together?" He finally asked.

Ivy let out a sad sigh, "No," She told him. Truthfully, that hurt, but she knew that there was nothing that she could do about it, "I told him we can't be anything."

Sirius looked more composed, "Why on Earth would you do that?"

Ivy couldn't help it but feel confused. The last time she spoke about a certain Slytherin with Sirius, he didn't seem supportive of a friendship between them, let alone a relationship, "What do you mean why?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"You clearly like him. He clearly likes you," Sirius stated as if it was completely obviously.

"That doesn't matter, Siri," Ivy sighed sadly, glancing down at her dress, "Like what I told him, we come from two completely different worlds. It would never work."

Sirius placed his hands on the redhead's shoulders, "Ivy Roseline Evans, listen to me and listen carefully, okay?" She nodded stiffly, "I have never - and I literally mean never - seen Regulus look at anybody the way I saw him look at you tonight," Ivy opened her mouth to speak but Sirius shook his head, "No, let me finish. I know that I told you to stay away from him, but when I said that I didn't see how you two looked at each other. He looks at you like you're his whole world. Did you notice how sad he looked standing by that fireplace when we first walked in?" Ivy shook her head, "Well, I did notice. I noticed the pure adoration on his face when his eyes landed on yours. I think what I'm trying to say, is that, you guys are soulmates. Please, don't let each other go."