23. FILTH

| CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE |

FILTH.

IVY ROSELINE EVANS WAS MORE than excited to be going back to Hogwarts. She didn't want to admit it to herself, but part of the reason was the fact that she would see a certain blue eyed Slytherin. One that had been stuck on her mind for the majority of the half-term. 

Regulus Arcturus Black was just as excited. Which was strange, he had never felt so excited to be going back to to Potions. But, the red head girl with capturing jade eyes seemed to make a boring lesson so much better.

Icy blue eyes watched Ivy's every move. She was giggling with her sister, Loki tugged away in his travel carrier that she held in her left hand, she was pulling her suitcase with her right. Her smile was so wide and contagious, Regulus almost felt his own lips being pulled into one. But, he quickly regained his cold stare when he realised his mother was still standing there. Luckily, though, her eyes were locked on Sirius who was laughing with his friends before he spotted his mother and was quick to flip her off.

Regulus rolled his eyes as he felt the anger radiating off his mother as she badmouthed his older brother. 

"You won't ever turn out like him, will you, Regulus?"

Regulus' eyes snapped to his mother. The woman held a cold stare as she looked at her youngest son with a pointed look, "Of course not, mother," Regulus found himself saying. He was just about to get away from the woman, he didn't need to start an argument with her.

Loud laughter suddenly filled his ears and his head turned in the direction of the angelic sound. He instantly spotted Ivy being twirled around in Sirius' arms before the older Black boy placed her down and messed her hair up. Jealously seemed to seep into Regulus' bones as he watched them interacting. That could be me, he thought. If his mother wasn't who she was, that could be him. He could be seen with the girl, he could be friends with her. Hell, he could date her if he really wanted to. 

But, realistically, he couldn't. He could never see that wide smile on her face in public. He could never hold her hand and walk down the street. And that angered him. 

"Urgh, look at that fifty Mudblood," Walburga spat, if eyes could kill Ivy would most definitely be seven feet down by now, "I can't believe he brought her into my house. The filth. Don't you agree?"

No. Regulus thought as he clenched his fist, "Yes, mother," He answered, the words leaving a bitter taste on his tongue as soon as they left his lips. 

Walburga glanced down at her youngest son, a satisfied smile on her face, "Good. Now, off you go before you miss the train. Don't forget to not communicate with Sirius, yes?"

Regulus clenched his jaw, "Yes, mother," He repeated.

"Good boy," Walburga praised him once again. Without anymore words the woman suddenly disappeared out of sight finally leaving Regulus Black standing there all alone. The bustling noise of the train station seemed to get drowned out as Regulus kept his eyes focused on the jade eyed beauty. Only looking away she she disappeared into the train with her friends and his brother.

Sighing, Regulus picked up his suitcase, finally making his way onto the busy train, pushing past the groups of friends. His eyes landed on the red head when he passed her compartment. She was sat in-between Donna and Sirius, Loki perched up on her lap as she ran her long fingers through his jet black fur.

Her eyes suddenly looked up, meeting the icy blue ones she had thought about far too many times for her liking. Without even thinking, her lips curled up in a small, soft smile. One that caused Regulus' heart to pick up its speed. He sent her one back, his face feeling the foreign sensation of a smile as he looked at her, almost lost in her smile. He only came back down to earth when someone bumped into him, with one last glance, Regulus walked away.

AN- I don't really know where I'm going with this story so if anyone has any suggestions or anything you'd like to see, feel free to comment it. Thank you all for reading I hope you're all staying safe out there xx