34. LIKE A NORMAL COUPLE

| CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR |

LIKE A NORMAL COUPLE.

IVY AND DONNA WALKED THROUGH Hogsmeade with their arms linked. It had been far too long since the two friends spend some quality time together, just the two of them with no worries of boys or exams and they were more than ecstatic about it. They visited Tomes and Scrolls so that Donna could get some books, Spintwitches Sporting Needs for Ivy as she needed she new gloves for Quidditch as well as some broomstick cleaner. Then, of course, they went straight to Honeydukes, aka their favourite shop by far and the one they spend the most at.

As they walked through the small village, Ivy couldn't keep the satisfied smile on her face. She was immensely thankful for having a friend like Donna. Sure, the two girls could argue and get annoyed at each other but at the end of the day they were inseparable and always found their way back to one another. 

Ivy was so caught up in her own thoughts that she almost tripped over her own feet when Donna came to a sudden stop. Turning to look at her friend with a confused expression Ivy was about to ask her what had happened when she noticed the look on her face; her eyes were open wide as if she wasn't believing what she was seeing, her mouth was slightly open, "What? Donna?" Ivy questioned as she followed her friend's eye sight. That's when her own mouth dropped.

Walking out of TheThree Broomstick was her sister, however, the redhead wasn't alone, her hand was interlocked with the James Potter. Ivy couldn't believe her eyes, never in her wildest dreams did she think she would see that sight. Lily's lips were outstretched from ear to ear as she laughed at something James said. He looked proud of himself when she did that, puffing his chest out slightly more than usual.

"Am I seeing what you're seeing?" Ivy muttered, her eyes still locked on the pair as they began their walk back to Hogwarts, their eyes never once looking away. She couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy running through her veins, not because she wanted to hold James' hand, but because she wished she could be seen walking hand-in-hand with Regulus Black. Things would be different if the pair could be seen laughing together as they enjoyed their company, but they couldn't and that reality seemed to hit hard.

"I'm so glad I saw that because I would've never believed it otherwise," Donna muttered, finally seeming to come back into reality, "Hey, are you okay?" She suddenly asked when she noticed the pained look in Ivy's eyes.

"Yeah," The blonde quickly nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Ivy..." Donna said pointedly, "You're thinking about him aren't you?"

Ivy finally looked away from the happy couple and back to her best friend, a sheepish look on her face, "I wish we could do that," She confessed, "You know, be seen together in public, like a normal couple."

"Maybe one day you'll be able to," Donna suggested, she squeezed Ivy's arm closer to her, "He can't live with his parents forever."

"I suppose so," Ivy breathed out, "But the question is, will he want to wait that long?"

Donna didn't reply, instead she just frowned as she looked at the blonde. It pained her to see her best friend so upset, Ivy was a good person, she deserved to be happy with someone that loved her, someone that could show her that they love her. She could see just how much Regulus meant to her, and she knew how important she was to him too. It was devastating seeing soulmates not be able to be together.

"Let's forget about what I just said," Ivy's voice snapped Donna back out of her thoughts, she grinned at the brunette with a clearly fake smile, "Come on, let's enjoy a Butterbeer and not think about boys."