4. PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC

| CHAPTER FOUR |

PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC.

"IT'S THE FIRST DAY BACK, and we've just had a full day of lessons and you're already doing your homework? Are you insane?"

Ivy moved her attention from the fire in the Gryffindor common room over to look at Donna; who was sat on the armchair, quill in hand as she scribbled words down on a piece of parchment. When the brunette heard Jasper's words she looked up at him, glaring slightly. The trio were lounging around the common room; one which the Marauders already decorated for the party they were hosting.

"It's our fifth year," She replied.

"So?" Jasper titled his head.

Donna rolled her eyes and placed her quill down, "So, we've got our O.W.L.s at the end of the year, we need all the revision we can get."

Jasper shook his head with disbelief, turning his gaze over to the red head, "Can you believe her?" He asked.

Ivy shrugged her shoulders, "She was almost a Ravenclaw, so yeah."

"No, no, no," Sirius' voice came from the door of the common room as the infamous group of boys walked in, "If you're not dressed for a party, you're not allowed to be here."

"Why?" Donna asked.

"Because the party starts in thirty minutes," James explained, glancing down at a watch that was wrapped around his wrist, "No one needs to see you lazy boogers here when they come down to have fun."

Ivy rolled her eyes at the boys as she watched Sirius making a beeline towards her. Without a word he picked the red head up, causing her to let out a surprised squeal as he threw her over his shoulder and moved her towards the staircase, "There," He said setting her down at the bottom of the steps - she almost lost her balance but managed to grab hold of his arm just as she was about to fall - he gave her a smug smile, "Now, off you pop, get dressed then you can come back down."

Rolling her eyes, Ivy looked over Sirius' shoulder and noticed Jasper was already making his way - begrudgingly - up to his dorm as Donna glared at the Marauders, shoving her books and parchments into her shoulder bag and walking over towards her best friend.

"Lighten up, Donna," Ivy said as the two girl's walked up to their dormitory, "We've got months to prepare for the O.W.L.s, just let yourself go for once. Stop living up to your name."

"What?"

"Bitter wood."

With a roll of her eyes, Donna couldn't help but let out a laugh at her friend's words, causing Ivy to smile proudly, "Whatever," Donna said, playfully pushing Ivy before she went over to sit on her own bed, "Let's do this then," Ivy squealed with excitement and clapped her hands together, "But, if I'm miserable the whole time, I'm blaming you," The brunette added, pointing her finger sternly at the red head.

"That's fine by me."

-

THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM PARTY was in full swing when the two best friends came down. 

Donna wore a gorgeous lilac dress that reached just above her knees. The sleeves were three-quarter of beautifully embroidered lace and the dress hugged her small figure. Her brunette locks were curled and cascaded past her shoulders. Donna wore bare make-up; only some lilac eyeshadow with pink-tinted lip gloss. And instead of going for heels, the brunette stuck to a pair of cute purple flats.

Ivy wore a beautifully patterned dress. It was casually but also looked great; she didn't want to go all full out, especially since it was just a 'first day back party' not anything important. She wore her hair down just like Donna and it too was slightly curled, giving it an extra bounce. She didn't bother with any eyeshadow, only putting some mascara over her dark eyelashes which caused her enchanting jade eyes to pop and some pink matte lipstick; her natural beauty shining through. Unlike Donna, the red head didn't mind heels - probably since they made her taller than she was - and so her feet were cladded in a gorgeous pair of black heels.

The two girls immediately spotted their best friend dancing with a group of girls in the middle of the common room. When Jasper noticed the pair, he looked up sent them a cheeky smile and a wave before going back to dancing with the already-drunk females.

"He's certainly letting loose isn't he," Donna snorted.

"Looks like it," Ivy nodded, "Something that we need to do too, especially you, Miss Bitterwood."

Donna rolled her deep blue eyes at the red head, but smiled widely and wrapped her arm around Ivy's, "Let's get loose, then," Donna smirked before pulling Ivy over towards the drinks table.

With a shocked expression on her slightly freckled face, Ivy was quickly dragged by her best friend. When they reached the drinks, Donna grabbed hold of a Butterbeer and passed it to Ivy before grabbing hold of another one for herself.

Clinking the bottles together with a laugh, the two girls took sips of their drinks as music blared around them. Ivy glanced around the common room, surprised to see that there were people from each house enjoying themselves. But what surprised her the most was that both Regulus Black and Evan Rosier were at the party; two of the last people she expected to see there.

Quickly turning her head away from the two boys - the one with the icy blue eyes noticed her stare - and turned her attention back to her best friend and noticed that they were now joined by Jasper.

Jasper let out an excited gasp as he heard the music changing and 'Play That Funky Music' by Wild Cherry came on, "Come on let's dance!" He exclaimed, without waiting for an answer he grabbed Ivy's and Donna's drinks out of their hands and placed them back down on the table before pulling both girls into the middle of the common room; where a lot of drunk teenagers were dancing (tumbling) with one another.

Regulus Black was casually leaning against the wall of the Gryffindor common room, his lips were placed on a bottle of Butterbeer as his eyes scanned the dancing teenagers. Landing on one group in particular, he watched as Jasper Pine spun both Ivy Evans and Donna Bitterwood around before they all fell into a fit of laughter. 

His icy blue eyes watched as Ivy's face lit up when her lips were pulled back in a smile. She and Jasper began singing the muggle song (he was a half-blood and she was a muggle-born so they both knew the words) before Lily Evans joined the group with Marlene McKinnon.

"What you looking at so intently?" Evan asked, practically shouting over the loud music.

Regulus' eyes finally snapped away from the red head, "Nothing."