25. LIBRARY

| CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE |

LIBRARY.

IVY EVANS HATED STUDYING. IT was common knowledge amongst the majority of the students. Now, with their O.W.L.s coming up, the redhead seemed to be in a long foul mood. Jasper had stated that it was due to Donna dragging her to the library everyday. Part of that was true; due to her being in the library everyday, Ivy hadn't been able to spend time with a certain Slytherin. 

Regulus seemed to be on her mind almost twenty-four/seven. She couldn't help but wander what they actually were, were they dating? Were they friends? They had kissed another three more times since the last term of school had started, but they hadn't actually spoken about what their relationship or friendship actually was. It kind of bothered Ivy, but on the other hand, she completely understood that it was probably hard for Regulus to determine what they were, especially with his family title.

As the redhead re-read the same paragraph she had been reading for well over twenty minutes now, she finally let her eyes snap away from the book. She noticed Donna's nose was deeply embedded in her Herbology textbook, her quill scribbling away on the parchment faster than Ivy had ever seen before. With a tired sigh, the redhead glanced around the library. A setting she had grown to feel tired over.

The books were still stacked across the room, all of them sorted in their own categories. The majority of the table and chairs were occupied by students trying to get their revision in. The librarian - Madam. Pince - was seated in her own luxurious chair. Her eyes scanning the room with a permanent scold plastered on her face. A scold that made Ivy feel intimidated. 

As her jade green eyes scanned the room, she suddenly jumped in her seat when they landed on Donna. Her best friend was already staring at her. Well, it was more of a glare than a stare. Her arms folded on the table and her head slightly titled, causing her brown locks to fall over her shoulder. Ivy smiled sheepishly at Donna and pretended to stretch her arms over her head before she finally glanced down at her Defence Against the Dark Arts book, trying to look as if she was actually trying to revise.

"What are you doing?" Donna questioned, her deep blue eyes were still boring into the side of Ivy's head.

"Revision?" Ivy replied.

"You've been on that page for the last thirty minutes," Donna pointed out, "How do you think you're going to do in your O.W.L.s?"

Ivy sighed and shrugged, "I dunno, alright I suppose?"

"No!" Donna suddenly exclaimed, earning a narrow glare from Miss. Pince, "You'll fail--"

"Potions then at life," Ivy finished her sentence, remembering what her best friend had told her months ago; when she was going to start skiving from her Potion lessons.

"Thought I'd find you here," Jasper Pine said, announcing his presence.

Ivy let her eyes fall upon her male best friend, she sent him the best puppy eyes she could manage as she mouthed, "Help me."

Jasper looked at her with an amused grin, "Noah's looking for you," He finally said, nodding at the redhead.

Ivy's face paled, "Oh no, I completely forgot about practise this morning," She said, throwing her hands over her face, "Shit, shit, shit," She muttered as she jumped out of her seat, her heart beating loudly as she knew the talk Noah was going to give her. She didn't even bother to close her books as she shoved them into her bag, Donna looking at her with an annoyed expression on her face whilst Jasper leaned against the closet book shelf, his demeanour showing just how amused he was.

Without saying a farewell, Ivy finally began to run out of the library. She heard Donna shouting for her to come back whilst Madam Pince shouted at Donna for being too loud and then yelling at Ivy for the running. The redhead didn't care, she pushed past students, almost tripped over her own feet as she ran through the entire school. She didn't even bother to look at Regulus when she sprinted past him, her red locks flying messily behind her until she finally reached the Gryffindor common room; the place she knew Noah would be waiting for her.