17. SECRET RELATIONSHIP

| CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |

SECRET RELATIONSHIP.

"I KNOW WE HAVEN'T TALKED for a week, but I really need to tell you something," Ivy pleaded, trying to gain the attention of Donna Bitterwood.

The redhead had already tried to act as if she was hurt, placed Loki on the brunette and even pretended to cry. Yet nothing seemed to gain Donna's attention. Instead, the brunette grabbed a book from her bedside cabinet and began scanning the pages.

Ivy let out a groan and rushed over the door. She swung it open, peeked her head out before coming back inside, "I kissed him."

Donna couldn't help it. She felt curious as to who Ivy had meant. The brunette glanced over the top of her book, her eyes trying to read the expression on Ivy's face, trying to spot whether the redhead was lying to get her attention or confessing. When she spotted the flushed look on Ivy's face, she placed her book down and finally spoke, "Who?" She questioned, rolling her eyes slightly.

Ivy took a deep breath and glanced down at her hands, "Regulus," She whispered.

Donna leaned forward, "I'm sorry, I clearly didn't hear that right. It almost sounded like you said Regulus."

Ivy looked up, a pleading look on her face, "Donna, come on."

"Wait. You're being serious?"

The redhead nodded.

Donna's eyes widened, looking as if they would just fall out of her skull, "What? When? How? What?"

"I'll explain everything to you, if we can forget about the last week and move on?"

Donna nodded eagerly, "Of course, Ivy," She patted the empty spot besides her on her bed, "Come on, now. I need my gossip."

Ivy rolled her eyes but chuckled. It felt good to finally be able to talk to Donna without being ignored. It was clear to everyone that knew of their dispute that they missed one another, even if they wouldn't admit it.

Ivy jumped onto the bed, staying lying on her back as she told Donna everything. From being in the Astronomy Tower everyday to what had happened the night before with Regulus. The brunette cooed when she heard about Regulus offering up his usual spot for Ivy for the past week. Then she squealed with excitement at the mention of the kiss.

"So, what does this mean?" 

Ivy felt herself shrugging. Truthfully she didn't know what it meant. They kissed, yeah, but they were still not compatible with one another due to the Regulus' family life. She didn't want him getting in trouble for associating with her, "I don't know," The redhead confessed, a sad look washed over her face as Donna sent her a sympathetic look, "I mean, he's still from a Pureblood family. A Pureblood family that's against Muggleborns. And I'm still a Muggleborn..." She trailed off, her eyes looking up at the ceiling of the girl's dormitory.

It was quiet for a minute before Donna finally spoke up in a soft voice, "How does a secret relationship sound?" She questioned, both seriously and teasingly.

"Forever?"

"No, just until he can move out," Donna explained her idea, "That was his parents have no control over him."

Ivy thought about it for a second. The idea was definitely the best one they could come up with but she didn't know if she wanted a secret relationship for the next few years, and who knows, maybe they wouldn't even last that long. Maybe the kiss was just a spur of the moment kind of thing.

"What's going on up there?" Donna questioned, flicking Ivy's forehead to bring her back to reality.

The redhead turned her head, glancing at her best friend, "What if the kiss was a mistake?" She questioned, her voice sounding small, "I mean--"

"Did he kiss you back?"

"What?"

"Did he?"

Ivy shrugged, "Well, yeah."

"Then it's not a mistake," Donna stated, "You're gonna have to talk to him, Ivy."

The redhead groaned, "That's what I'm afraid of. What if I just pretend it didn't happen and forget about him?"

Donna glared at her friend, "Ivy! No!" Suddenly, the brunette gasped, gaining both Ivy's and Loki's attention, "This means you're really going to have to dress up for the Ball."

Ivy let out yet another groan, throwing her palms over her face, "I completely forgot about the Ball."

Donna's reaction was the complete opposite as she clapped her hands with excitement and jumped off her bed, "Come on, why waste a perfectly good Saturday in the dormitories. We're going to get you a dress!"