39. I'M ENGAGED!

| CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE |

I'M ENGAGED!

WHEN IVY FINALLY REACHED THE Gryffindor dorm portrait, she let out a shaky breath. She hated that Regulus Black had such an effect on her. He was a guy that she was suppose to hate (or at least never notice), their worlds never would've collided if it weren't for being seated next to each other in Potions. Something that she now saw as a curse rather than a blessing. 

She smoothed out her skirt before muttering the password and being let inside. She could hear familiar voices coming from the common room area, causing her to let out a quiet curse. Just before she walked through the small hallway leading from the portrait to the common room, Ivy took in a deep breath, she put on the most genuine smile she could muster before continuing through.

Her eyes immediately spotted her sister sitting on the couch, right besides her were her best friends, Marlene McKinnon, Mary Macdonald and Alice Fortescue, all of them were giggling about something. There were a few other Gryffindors scattered around the room, none of them paying any attention to the girls on the couch. Lily finally spotted her younger sister when the blonde let out a small cough, and with an excited squeal, the older redhead jumped out of her seat and rushed over to Ivy, pulling her into an incredibly tight hug.

Ivy stood there looking confused and after several seconds she awkwardly (due to Lily practically suffocating her with her arms pinned by her sides) patted Lily's back, "You okay there, Lils?" She asked with a confused tone of voice.

Lily nodded as she pulled away from the hug, the widest grin on her face, "I'm more than okay," She giggled causing Ivy to raise an eyebrow in question, "I've got greatest news to tell you."

"Go on," Ivy prompted, already feeling exhausted from the giddiness that filled the air.

Lily squealed before shoving her left hand into her sister's face, catching the blonde by surprise, "What?" Ivy asked, confused before her eyes landed on a glistening ring sitting comfortably on her sister's wedding finger. It was a gorgeous silver ring with a expensive looking emerald green diamond in the middle of it with a few smaller ones around it, "Holy crap. Is-Is that what I think it is?!"

Lily nodded enthusiastically, "I'm engaged!" She yelled out in an excited voice which caused the students sitting around to jump slightly and look towards her before rolling their eyes and leaving the room (Ivy assumed that they had been hearing that phrase over however long the girls were sitting there for), "I'm actually engaged, Ivy!"

Ivy grinned at her sister, congratulating her before pulling her into another hug, this time she squeezed her tightly, she pulled away quickly, looking at her sister with a pointed look, "Wait, with Potter?" She asked in disbelief. Sure, the pair had been dating for a while now, but Ivy certainly didn't think that this would happen (especially not anytime soon). 

Lily nodded, the smile tattooed on her face.

"Holy crap," Ivy let out a chuckle, shaking her head, "I can't believe it."

"I know! Isn't it wonderful?" Lily asked dreamily, looking down at her engagement ring.

"Yeah sure, but that's now what I meant," Ivy told her causing Lily to look back at her sister with a puzzled expression, "I can't believe, all these years, Potter was actually right."