hedgie's favorite things

After a nice lunch with the gang, Sonic opened the door of his shared home immediately making way to his room. His bedroom was standard, just a small twin-sized red bed, some posters here and there and a closet full of clothes he never wore but the main attraction was the table in one corner close to his bed where Shadow's cage was set atop of.

Sonic walked to the cage to find his pet running on his hamster wheel at full speed but once he saw Sonic he got excited and ran to the front of the cage setting his paws at the front of the cage and lightly scratching it standing up.

"Hey there little buddy, i'm so sorry i took so long." Sonic said sticking both his hands in. "Let's getcha outta here." He took him out grabbing him in both palms of his hands and keeping him close to his chest. Shadow purred nuzzling to the boy's breathing chest, his ear was close so he could hear Sonic's heartbeat. The noise was something that he loved.

"Aw, i missed ya too lil dude." Sonic chuckled letting him rest on only one palm as he used the other to stroke his back quills. "Anyway, i brought you something."

Sonic walked to the kitchen still holding his pet and made way to the table where his leftover fries he brought were set. Setting the hedgehog on the table, he took the bag and dumped out the fries. Shadow's ears perked up in excitement at the sight of them and he ran to them but a hand on his back stopped him.

"Woah there Shads, i gotta cut them up otherwise you'll choke on such a big thing." Sonic laughed taking the pile of fries and began ripping them to small pieces, "Trust me, i should know." he gave the small pieces to Shadow and watched him eat loving the sight and seeing it as cute. He was seriously lucky to have such a pet.

"Go ahead and eat Shadz, imma get a bath ready for you because it's seriously been a while." The blue boy said getting up and leaving the hedgehog on the table. "Don't you go anywhere, i don't wanna lose you under the couch again."

Sonic left the room for a minute and went to the bathroom sink getting it filled up with a clog so the water wouldn't drain away, he put the soap on the counter, made sure it wasn't too hot or cold, and turned it off once he thought it was full enough.

Sonic walked to the kitchen looking forward to bathing his pet. "All don- Shadow?" the black and red hedgie wasn't on the table where he left him, and the fries were gone too!

His heart dropped and he was ready to go on a searching rampage all over his home but the noise of paper crumpling caught him off guard. Looking at the table he saw the paper bag moved and he sighed a sigh of relief when he turned it around and saw Shadow inside of the bag sniffing for more fries.

"Aw Shadow, you're not gonna find any in there." Sonic giggled taking the hedgehog in his arms like a baby, sometimes Sonic did see Shadow as his baby. "Now, let's get you all washed up." They waked to the bathroom and Sonic lightly placed the smaller hedgehog into the waterfilled sink.

The mobian bathed his small hedgehog pet enjoying every bit. He washed his quills, got soap all over his fur and little bubbles floated in the air as the smell of strawberries lingered in the room.

Shadow did this thing that made Sonic so happy everytime he bathed him, he'd lay down face up and float around the water like a dang boat and just wouldn't move his feet or hands, just let the water bring him about. It was so darn cute sometimes Sonic bathed him just to see him do that.

"Why are you so freaking cute?" Sonic asked his small hedgehog and the responce he got was a small head raise as if saying: 'I'm just doin my job boss'

Once Sonic thought he was clean enough he picked him out and dryed him with a small towel, draining the water and setting Shadow on his shoulder and walking out before a knock made him happily gasp.

"That must be our guest!" Sonic held onto Shadow on his shoulder and ran to the door happily opening it and his smile widened at the sight of the pink hedgehog holding a small duffle bag and that smile that made butterflies dash in Sonic's stomach.

Earlier today as they ate at Meh Burger to celebrate their victory, Sonic invited the girl to a sleepover but really he just wanted to ask her something that he'd kept bottled in for years

The small hedgehog on the boy's shoulders felt his little brows furrow at the sight at her. Why did his small heart feel like it was aching every time he saw Sonic smile at her or him grab her hand? His brain couldn't comprehend but maybe it was his small pet jealousy he felt

or the strange feeling that Sonic was all his.