run *dramatic music plays*

Shadow was quick to scurry outside, his little feet taking him through the dark woods. The place was dark, as he ran Sonic's porch light got further away and unable to guide him through the tall trees and thick grass.

Shadow liked how Sonic lived far away in the woods away from town and had no neighbors to disturb him, being close to the forest he could look outside and imagine what it'd be like to be wild but right now he wasn't very grateful for that attribute because no matter how loud he squeaked no one would save him. At least all his potential predators were asleep.

'Shoot shoot shoot! What does this guy and his dumb robots want from me?! Frick, i shoulda called Sonic to help me!"

"I got him sir!" Orbot exclaimed proudly after grabbing the hedgie with both hands. Shadow squeaked and kicked his feet, so much squirming caused him to slip away and jump on the shiny red robot's head. "Hey get down from there!" Orbot tried to get him down from his head but when Eggman and Cubot finally caught up to him Shadow hissed and jumped onto the large man's face.

"Eee he's on my face!" Eggman screeched in a panic as Shadow used his large claws to scratch his face and bite his mustache. "No! Not the 'stache!"

As Eggman tried getting the hedgehog off his face with Orbot's help, Cubot took the small incubator designed to trap hedgies inside from his pocket and opened it prying Shadow from the egg shaped man's face and placing him inside. "All done." He proudly said. Orbot grumbled and called him a show off under his breath.

"...E-excellent job C-Cubot." Eggman said in a shakey voice still shaken up from having a panicked hedgehog on his face. He fixed his mustache having it bent when Shadow tried to bite it off and once he composed himself he chuckled evily taking the incubator from Cubot's hands and bringing it to eyelevel locking eyes with the small hedgehog inside.

Shadow backed away until he bumped into a wall hissing in defense although he was a bit scared, Eggman wasn't so intimidating but he was scared on what'd happen to him. He wanted to desperately be back in his home with Sonic and his hamster wheel.

"Ohhoho so you're Sonic's pet, hm?" He chuckled tapping the glass and scaring him more. "You're his secret weapon if you think about it little one. Before you were given to him as a gift, he was always so stressed, but now he's always happy having something to do."

Shadow was a little proud of that. 'So I'm Sonic's happiness?' He thought.

"But now you'll be away from him, imagine the sheer pain he'll be in once he notices you're no where in sight!!" Eggman cackled at the thought of his arch nemesis in emotional pain even it's just sadness.

Shadow though, didn't like the thought of his owner being sad, it made his ears drop.

"But don't worry we'll give you back.. To kill him!"

'What?! I'd never kill Sonic!' Shadow squeaked in anger.

"I'll give you a serum that'll make you rabid and have thirst for his blood! Ahahaha! Sonic will be gone in the tiny hands of someone he loves!" He laughed before walking away to his lair, both robots following behind.

"You know, now that he puts it that way it sounds kinda brutal." Cubot whispered to his counterpart Orbot. "I shouldn't of said anything i don't wanna see the little guy go."

"Don't worry Cubot, that's not gonna happen i already made sure of it." Orbot assured.

"Huh?"

"When Eggman wasn't looking, i switched the serum with something else. Don't tell him."

"I won't but.. What did you switch it with?"

"A serum that'll turn regular animals into Mobians, i read the effects and apparently they'll still keep their memories when they were just regular pets." Orbot explained in a hushed tone since they were both walking close behind Eggman. "So if Sonic treated him right, i can only assume the little guy won't even dare hurt him."

"Oh, why out of all serums did you choose that one though?"

"Well, it was the only one i could reach and from seeing countless hours of footage from Eggman's spybots he has around Sonic's house, i can tell Shadow is pretty attached to him." The red robot shrugged.

"Oh i see, you think turning the kid mobian will give him mobian strength and want to kill Sonic even more?" Cubot asked.

"What no that's not-" Explaining things to Cubot was hard, sometimes it was just better to give up and play along. "Yeah sure, those are my exact intentions."

When they were done talking, the four were already at Eggmans lair

...

Eggman made it straight to his testing lab, the two robots tried to follow but they got the door slammed on their faces.

"Rats!" Cubot sweared.

"Things will go well for us my little pincusion." Eggman happily sang taking the small hedgehog out and setting him on a table. So he wouldn't attempt to escape, he was strapped down and Shadow was quick to thrash and squirm trying to get away but it was sadly no use.

"No need to struggle little one." The large man said taking out a needle and making Shadow's eyes widen. it was like going to get your shot at the vet but at least the vet was nice to him, all Eggman wanted to do was make him hate his own owner. "This'll only hurt a little bit, you won't even feel a thing but eternal hatred!"

Before Shadow could protest the needle was inserted into his back making him scream but the real pain came when the serum inside was injected into him making him scream louder and close his eyes.

Once the whole liquid was inside Eggman set the syringe next the laying hedgehog waiting for the effects to kick in. It usually took about 5 minutes for the serum to take full control of his mind but he could already see Shadow's chest begin to raise up and down quickly.

'i feel.. So... St-strange...' Shadow felt his head pump and his small body ache as he began to pant feeling out of breath, but what hurt more was his heart knowing what the serum would make him do and he didn't want to go through that.

"It wasn't so bad now was it?" Eggman laughed that nasty laugh but his laughter died down when the small strapped hedgehog began to violently shake in a strange way before a blinding light followed. He covered his eyes closing them from the impact.

once he thought the weird light was gone, Eggman finally opened his eyes and was shoked to see a full grown mobian black and red hedgehog taking its place with his left hand strapped down.

The mysterious hedgehog groaned slowly getting up after rubbing his temple. His eyes widen after he looks at how big his hands had gotten and looking down he saw full fleged legs!

"W-what the hec.." He then almost screamed after hearing his own voice, what happened to him squeaking?

"Who are you and where's the hedgehog?!" Eggman demanded for answers too clueless to the situation.

"Uh.. I-I'm S-shadow.." The ebony hedgehog replied. "At least.. I think i am..?"

..

Sorry its kinda long and maybe boring ): i didn't wanna split the chapter so i just made it long. But hey Shadow's Shadow now so that's fun <3