no shadow no happiness

Sonic was hopeful Shadow would come back after his little tantrum but at the 5th day, he had lost hope.

Shadow had been gone for almost a week now and the azure had no idea where he had gone, his presence was certainly missed.

When his friends would ask where he was, Sonic would turn his head annoyed and say "big deal, i don't care where he is." And when they'd leave, he'd sob on the inside.

At night when no one was looking, Sonic would go all over the island in hopes of finding him. He always had the same bad luck, no Shadow.

The day was Saturday and his time was at its low, Sonic was watching tv slumped against the couch with a tub of icecream. Amy gets in front of the screen holding something behind her back. The azure groans and tries to see his show around Amy.

"Ames!!" Sonic whined taking a spoonful of strawberry icecream. "Get out of the way, can't you see i'm trying to relieve my sadness with my favorite anime!!"

"Spongebob won't solve all your problems Sonic." Amy said. "But i know what will!" When the pink girl said that, she takes what she's been hiding from her back and presents him to Sonic making the azure gasp and almost fall out of his seat.

"He's so cute!" He happily said carefully taking him from Amy's palm.

It was a small ivory hedgehog, his fur was shiny and his head quills were alined to stick out and look like a very certain substance and he stared back at Sonic with beautiful golden eyes. Sonic admired him but.. It wasn't Shadow. He sighed and handed him back to Amy.

"Nothing can replace Shadow," Sonic truthfully said when Amy took the small critter in her hands. "Take it back to the pet store or something."

"Oh, okay." The pet store was closed due to it being around 10pm so Amy would have to take him back tommarow. Putting him on her shoulder and getting out of the tv's way, Amy checked the time on Sonic's wall clock and decided she should go. "Well, I'll see you tommarow Sonic."

She began to walk away before Sonic said. "Wait, don't i get a kiss?"

Amy turned around and pointed to the door in front of her. "I'm really tired, Sonic."

The azure sighed. "Okay, bye, i love you."

Amy didn't say the words back, she opened the door and left with the silver hedgehog on her shoulder.

Having a boyfriend who lived in the woods was kind of a hassle. On nights like these, Amy had to walk through the darkness all the way back to the island village with no light and the only sounds being owls and crickets. It creeped the pink girl a little bit out.

"No need to be scared little guy." Amy nervously chuckled holding the animal on her shoulder as she began to walk, Sonic's porch lights becoming more distant. For some reason, tonight she was especially nervous. Maybe it was the tension in the air getting to her.

A snap of a twig alerted both hedgehogs. Amy yelped, a slight jump she made caused the animal to fall off her shoulder and scurry away.

"No no no!" Amy panicked running after him. "Come back!'' Another snap of a branch made Amy gasp, she turned around to see no one there. While distracted, the little hedgehog hid inside a bush.

"Who's there?!" Amy yelled, she took out her hammer ready to strike but she was suddenly grabbed making her scream and drop her weapon.

"Let me go!" Amy demanded.

"Not until i get what i want." A familiar voice said before putting a cloth in front of the pink girl's mouth and nose causing her to fall unconscious in his arms.

The pink girl was dragged, she was placed in a chair inside a cave and tied down. Shadow smiled at his work.

"Now all we gotta do is wait.."
..