*angry hedgehog noises*

Just to clear up any confusion, no, shadow can not talk. (at least not yet) he can only squeak aggressively but i like to believe that all animals talk their own little language so here's this. Every time it's italicized and has a ' it's shadow "talking"

...

"SONICYOURPETISBITINGMEEE!!" Amy screeched with the energy of a thousand suns.

Sonic gasped pulling away from the hug and grabbed Shadow trying to pull him off Amy's finger. "Shadow let her go will ya!" Sonic demanded, he still hid a soft tone though never being rough with his pet because he was too cute to get yelled at.

Shadow didn't listen though and dug his teeth into Amy's finger even harder, digging through the rubber of her gloves making her screams more painful.

"Shadow, bad boy!" Sonic found a waterbottle on his coffee table and dumped it on the small bundle of angry cuteness's face. The liquid splashing on his face made him close his eyes disturbed and opened his mouth letting the girl go thinking he was back in the sink again.

"Get that hedgehog out of here before he bites me again!" Amy whined a little terrified and she should of been because Shadow hissed at her afterwards, could hedgehogs even hiss?

"Good idea!" He ran to his room and placed him in his cage. "Shadow, what the heck is wrong with you Amy's our friend you don't treat her like that!"

Shadow had no regrets, 'she deserved it!'  he squeaked. 'if she becomes becomes your dumb girlfriend you'll give her more attention to her than me!!' 

"Stop squeaking in such an angry manner!" Sonic yelled. "Because... Its so frickin cute, what the hell!"

'If this is what it takes to get you to give me undying attention then i'll just keep doing it!'

Shadow then started to run in little circles something that always made Sonic "aww" because it reminded him of himself then, he stood up putting his paws on the glass and making the biggest puppy eyes with his ears dropped down and his lips pouted, his little nose twitching in fake misunderstandment although Shadow knew well what he did and he would not go back and fix it.

"Augh Shadow.. Stop!" Sonic whined and stomped his foot crossing his arms as he looked away. Shadow was using his cuteness to his advantage but he would not let himself fall!

'I know you like it when i make this face, Sonic. Now, release me so i can eat the pink rat and she won't bother us ever again!'

"Sonic, do you have a first aid kit?" Amy asked walking in.

the notice of her presence made Shadow alert he went back on his paws and legs squeaking aggressively at Sonic. 'Sonic, run! The pink rat is back!'

"Oh sure," Sonic said turning to her, "I think it's down in Tails' room, I'll show you where it is in a minute."

'Why won't you listen to meeee!!'

Sonic turned to Shadow's cage again just to say "Instead of giving you three strawberries on saturdays I'm cutting it down to two and a half!" Sonic angerly said. "I'd make your punishment more severe but.. You're just too darn cute to be in trouble for so long!"

They walked out and left the lights off leaving the small hedgehog in the glass cage by himself with nothing but his thoughts.

'Tsk whatever, he'll feel bad and take me out later.' Shadow squeaked walking into his little hamster tunnel laying down and looking out the window. It was night, the beautiful moon making the woods outside seem less dark and unintimidating.

'I wish Sonic and i could sleep under the stars together.' Shadow sighed, he could only dream big for such a small guy.

Sometimes on nights like these, he wondered what it'd be like if he was a mobian like Sonic. Would he run fast too? Would he be shorter than Sonic? What would he eat and would Sonic still love him?

He didn't think too much of that though, he loved his life. Sonic was so nice to him, gave him everything he needed and he gave him all he had to him too. It wasn't much but pet love felt like enough to him.

'He's not mad at me, he loves me too much.' Shadow snickered. 'I am though mad at him, he can't get a girlfriend he'll forget about me and throw me away!'

Losing Sonic, it was the only thing Shadow feared.

..

2 more chapters of shadow being a cute lil thing and it'll start to get more intresting and sonadowy so stay tuned for that i guess. Sorry if there's any mistakes, im too brain dead to edit rn