getting along?

"So, may i come in?" Amy asked holding the handle of her pink bag as if was stapped around her shoulder.

"Oh uh, sure." Sonic moved out of the way and watched his friend walk in and set her bag down on the couch.

The night was filled with pet jealousy for the small black and red hedgie. He was set in his hamster ball and freely roamed around but the whole time he followed the two flirting idiots and watched in annoyance as they did things like giggle as they scrapbooked and laughed at every single thing the other said.

Shadow despratly wanted to get out of his ball and maybe pounce all over
Amy with his little hedgehog paws but he was stuck in the ball and for some reason he really craved Sonic's attention, so he bumped his ball into his leg or tried sqeaking as loud as he could to get his attention but nothing worked! He was too busy making googly eyes at the pink girl it was honestly disgusting.

The two were watching a youtube video on Amy's phone curled up on the couch when Shadow had enough. He put all his energy into it and ran up to Amy's ankle brutally attacking it but he didn't do much damage because his ball was merely plastic and he was too small to actually hurt her.

"Aw look at that," Sonic laughed turning his attention to his small pet. "He wants your attention." Sonic was clueless it was the opposite

"Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure Shadow hates me." Amy said setting her phone down and watching Shadow continue to attack her leg.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, every time i pet him he rolls up into a ball and everytime i walk up to the cage he hides in his little home and hisses at me." Amy replied remembering all the times Sonic would happily display his pet and him freaking out. She could of sworn be wasn't like this to anyone else but her.

"Aw, he's just shy Ames give him a break." Sonic chuckled picking the ball up and taking the top off.

The little hedgehog was picked up from inside and now in Sonic's hand. He liked being in Sonic's hands but he knew there was heading to. "Why don't you pet him and earn his trust?" He asked setting him in front of Amy. "He likes to be stroked in his top head quills, oh and scratching the back of his ear really makes him happy."

"Sonic, i don't think i should..."

"Oh trust me, you'll be fine! Shadow won't hurt you, he wouldn't kill a fly"

"Oh uh.. Okay."

Amy slowly reached her hand out and the girl thought she was imagining things but she could seriously see the anger in Shadow's eyes when he turned his head to her, little did she know that Shadow was seriously pissed.

She stroked his back quills in a way that made Shadow tense up that Sonic had to stop her.

"No no, you're doing it all wrong Amy!" He took her hand and stroked the other way making Shadow calm down at the touches then his head quills were stroked by a single finger and his back ear was scratched making him fully calm down and slump against Sonic's palm.

"There we go." Sonic softly said looking at Amy as she happily petted the hedgie. "Wanna hold him?" He offered.

"Don't you think that's too much?" Amy nervously laughed.

"Nah I'm sure it's fine, he's my son and yours y'know."

Amy snorted at that making Sonic blush 50 shades of red, Shadow was too dazed to be paying attention the petting was making him drool but then it stopped and he was placed in Amy's awaiting hands.

He would of freaked out by this, maybe kick and curl into a ball as defense but.. Amy was so caring and her hands were so nice and warm he was slowly starting to like her that he felt himself slowly droop his eyes closed in sweet hedgehog heaven ready for some rest.

"Aww." Amy giggled. "I guess he really was shy after all."

"You two are honestly the cutest things in my life." Sonic said without thinking too engaged in the moment.

"What?" Amy asked with a blush.

"Oh shoot i mean uuuh.." What was the point of keeping his feelings in anymore? This sleepover's purpose was to ask her out after all. "Amy listen, can i tell you something I've been keeping in for almost years."

"... Uh huh?"

"Amy Rose, I've liked you for so long and i.. I just.. i don't what is, you're just so perfect!" Sonic was so nervous about this, he knew she would say yes or at least he hoped so but something kept making him stutter like an idiot "So Amy.. Would you like to be my uh.. Girlfriend?"

Amy felt a grin creep up on her face, this must of been the happiest day of her life. "Yes! Yes of course Sonic, of course I'll be your girlfriend!!"

Shadow's eyes shot open in shock before that strange anger boiled in inside of him. As they hugged it out, Shadow got close to Amy's finger and bit down hard.

Amy's never screamed so loud in her life.