the g word

"Geez i didn't expect such a skinny hedgehog like you to be so heavy." Sonic commented as they walked through the forest. Sonic stopped running after a while thinking there's no way Eggman would attack him and he still held Shadow in his arms bridal style but he noticed how much weight was on him.

"I guess you just fed me too much." Shadow chuckled remembering how sometimes Sonic would go overboard on the treats. "I mean, i was a pretty chubby hedgie."

"I know but that was before, i could carry you in my hand back then now i struggle to have you in my arms." Sonic laughed, he didn't mind it though. He's carried multiple people like injured islanders and he even carried Knuckles once and compared to people like Amy, Shadow was pretty light but not as a feather.

"Well then, maybe you could put me down and I'll crawl my way home."

"Uh, no that'd be weird." Sonic said. "But speaking of home, we're already here."

Both boy's smiled at the sight of familiarity; their own house, because as the saying goes 'there's no place like home' and Shadow being used to it was so happy to be there, Sonic was happy he'd be able to go inside and set the boy on the couch or something like that.

Sonic walked onto the front steps and his ears twitched at the noise of footsteps. He prayed to god it wasn't Eggman and he was happy to see it was only Knuckles.

"Hey guys, I found him!" Knuckles yelled into the woods showcasing that all his friends were still looking in the woods for him.

"Hey Knuckles, could you maybe help me?" Sonic asked turning around and showing off the taller hedgehog in his arms.

The bulky red echidna turned at the noise of his name, "Oh sure," Knuckles said taking the hedgehog. "wow I'm so glad you found Shadow i bet you're so happy."

"Oh yeah totally, i mean, you know I'm always happy once i find my little quill ball." Sonic giggled booping Shadow's nose making him blush, thats when Sonic relized Shadow wasn't a regular hedgehog anymore so these gestures might be a little.. Weird. "Oh god, s-sorry." Sonic stampered walking back.

"What? Why should you be sorry when i loved that?" Shadow asked.

"Well you're mobian now so treating you like that might be a little.. Um.." He didn't even feel comfortable saying the word. ".. Uh, gay?"

"What's that?" Shadow's never heard such a word, he's never heard Sonic or any of his friends say that so maybe it was bad.

"Holy cow since when was Shadow mobian!?" Knuckles screamed now noticing the change in the hedgehog put in his arms.

"I'll tell you later." Sonic sighed.

Suddenly all of Sonic's other friends came and they all basically had the same reaction as Knuckles. Surprised.

"The aliens really did take Shadow and made him mobian aaaah!" Sticks screamed before running away.

Everyone else walked up to Shadow already asking questions and complementing how great he looked, no one seemed to mind he was just a mobian all the sudden and went with it and that's when Sonic decided they should all take this inside.

As Sonic made tea for everyone with Amy by him in the kitchen, Shadow leaned against Tails to get his attention now being in the living room couch.

"What is it buddy?" Tails asked.

"Tails, what's a gay?" Shadow asked. "Sonic said booping my nose is gay, i dunno what it means."

"That doesn't sound homosexual to me." Tails laughed. "But, gay is basically when a man has romantic attractions to other men, it also applies to girls who like girls."

"Oooh." Shadow said, it wasn't so hard of a concept and wasn't so bad so... Why did Sonic get all worried when he touched his nose and called him 'his little quill ball?' Unless...

"Hey Tails," Shadow said again.

"Yeah?"

"Is Sonic gay?"