wholesome moments with the bois uwu

The bite Shadow made was pretty deep he even managed to tear at her skin, blood ran through the wound and the only way to stop it was by applying so many Barbie bandages Tails had for some odd reason. 

Sonic kept wanting to take the girl to the hospital but Amy kept insisting saying she was fine and once the blue boy was all calmed down, they watched 5 different movies up until 11pm when Amy fell asleep with her head on Sonic's lap. 

The azure wasn't in bed just yet, as he watched Belle try to get to the Beast's good side, he wondered how Shadow was doing. He sucked at grounding his pet, Shadow was usually a good and obedient boy but there were times where he misbehaved and Sonic had to punish him by Tails' demand but he always felt bad even when the punishments were just leaving him in his cage for like 30 minutes.

"I was too harsh on him." Sonic mumbled. He looked down at his sleeping bestie and slowly got up replacing his lap with a pillow before walking into his room and switching the light on by his doorway looking up ahead at the giant glass box.

"Hey 'lil buddy." Sonic said once in front of the glass and looking down at it. Shadow wasn't asleep, he was still looking out the window lost in his hedgie thoughts but once he heard his owners voice, his ears twitched but his gaze didn't leave the window still annoyed by him.

"Listen, I know you're probably mad at me but your punishment is over now," Sonic said. "You can stop acting like an annoyed preteen."

No answer, just a simple small sigh.

"Shadow c'mon, I seriously hate the attitude y'know!" Sonic groaned it not being the first time the small hedgehog got like this. People always made fun of him for naming his pet something so edgy but they never got to see this side of him. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

'Break up with Amy, maybe.' Shadow squeaked, his nose twitching in anger.

"How does sleeping with me sound Shadie?" Sonic asked knowing what could really make Shadow smile. 

The smaller's ears twitched at the sound of that, he finally turned around and slowly crawled out of his tunnel genuially interested in what Sonic had in mind. That meant Sonic would lay him on his chest and he'd fall asleep listening to his soothing heartbeat.'Well, kicking Amy out of our territory sounded much better but there's nothing a little sleep can't solve."

"There we go," Sonic chuckled putting his hand in the cage and letting his pet crawl onto his palm. Once aboard, Sonic brought him close and began petting his small head as he sat down on his bed. "sorry I tried cutting strawberry Saturdays for you Shadz, I was just so angry. you don't treat Ames like that she's my girlfriend now."

'I could care less about the dumb strawberries Sonic.' Shadow sighed. ' I just don't like her, she'll steal your love away from me!'  He's seen the way Sonic looked at her, he's hated the sweet things he's said to her. Sonic also loved chilidogs, his other friends, and his siblings that lived in the other side of mobius but that love was different, the one reserved for him was now being given away to Amy and he couldn't bare that. 'well.. at least he's happy.'

"Oh Shadow, you're just too cute to be in trouble." Sonic chuckled when Shadow purred once scratched behind his ear just the way he liked it. "I love you Shadow, you're the best pet a hero could ask for."

Shadow smiled at the sound of that, 'I love you too, Sonic.'

"Sometimes I wish you could talk." Sonic laughed.

..

The time was 3am and all was quiet in the small home. 

Both hedgehogs were sound asleep, Shadow softly snored on Sonic's raising chest dreaming sweet things with his head tucked under the other's chin. 

All was calm until the constant noise of clicking awoke him. Shadow's eyes shot open and he rose his head sniffing around for a presence, the closest one was down in the living room and he couldn't recognize it. Someone was in Sonic's home! He squeaked in a panicked way and pressed his paws on Sonic's chest trying to wake him up.

"Mmng, I'm sorry I can't love you i'm too Christian for my own tastes." Sonic mumbled in his sleep. Shadow raising a brow before continuing.

"Where the hell is my neck?." He turned around on his stomach and Shadow squeaked loudly before it was too late and he was underneath Sonic being crushed by his weight.

"Oh no, now you're dead and five hundred people are crying."

Shadow managed to get out from underneath his larger owner who wouldn't stop mumbling strange things panting from getting the air squeezed out of him. He put in too much effort he fell off the bed landing on his back.

'Well isn't this just great?'

He turned around and scurried his little feet to the living room where the light was still on and Amy was dead asleep on the couch snoring as Netflix quietly played Family Guy. 

"Well well well, looks like that pincushion made this mission too easy!" A voice laughed behind him. 

Shadow gasped and met eyes with the intruder. An overly large man with an evil grin and a mustache, the only thing not so intimidating about him was his pink pajamas he wore. 

Shadow drooped his ears down and slowly walked backwards bumping into what seemed to be metal. Turning around he saw two robots eyeing him down.

"Aww he's so cute!" Cubot said with his hands together. 

Shadow only felt like there was one thing to do, run! He put in much speed and ran to the exit that was wide open hearing footsteps already behind him.