1

💛 WARNING 💛

Before you start to read the story, please take your time to read this. In this story the characters deal with problems like rape, death, suicide attempts and so on. Please be aware of this and that all the problems they have to face can also be struggles you deal with. But please keep in mind that you should never give up or lose hope. We all received the gift of life, so let's make the best out of it. Even if you're struggling with anything and no matter how hard it is:
Don't forget, that after the storm follows the sun
And stars can't shine without darkness.
Instead of getting too influenced by your problems with the time, search for help before it’s too late. There are people who care about you who will help you. Or even if it's me. Feel free to message me, no matter what it is or when. I will be there and try to help you.❤

Edit years afterwards: Istg this book is cringe and the definition of a typical ff but I promise the 2nd book (Mission 4419) is way better. So please give it a try🦖

Start:

After opening her eyes, Yuna needed a moment until she got used to the bright light. Although her vision was still a bit blurry, she was able to realize where she was. 

The hospital. 

She knew the big windows, white empty walls and the smell of sanitizer only too well.

“Seems like I was even too weak to die”. 
She thought until her eyes rolled back again.

The last thing she could hear were the faint screams of doctors and the steady rhythm of the beeping sounds that came from the machines that she was attached to, which started to beep faster. 

Then the darkness engulfed her once again.

Meanwhile Chan entered the elevator and pressed the button that would bring him up to the 4th floor of the hospital. His grip on the bouquet of flowers that he held in his left hand became tighter as his nervousness got worse. The doors opened and he walked through the familiar corridors. 

He pulled his mask up, trying to avoid the disgusting hospital smell as much as possible.

Soon he stood in front of room 419. Before he opened the door he stopped, hesitating for a few seconds. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Please be awake" he mumbled quietly.

Chan opened the door, stepped in, and walked slowly towards the bed. He looked at the woman who had her eyes closed.
"M-Mom?" He asked and waited for her to answer. But the only thing he could hear were the beeping sounds of the machines next to her bed. He sighed. 

She hadn’t woken up for almost a year now.
No matter how often he prayed to God, she wouldn't move. He had tried everything he could. He moved her to the best hospital in the country. He sang her favourite song and visited the hospital every day. 
But nothing seemed to work. 

He missed his mother. He missed her voice. He missed her cooking. 
He even missed her scolding him for doing dumb things. 

He took her cold hand and began humming a familiar melody. 
It was a lullaby. The lullaby that his mother used to always sing for him when he was a child. 

Suddenly the door opened and a bunch of doctors came inside with another person lying on a bed. He wasn't able to see her face, since the doctors surrounded her.
One of them noticed Chan sitting next to his mother.
"Oh hello Chan how are you?" 

"I’m fine, thank you Dr. Choi" he answered. 
Dr. Choi knew him since he was also his mother’s doctor.

Dr. Choi came over to Chan. 
"Chan, this is Park Yuna" He pointed to the girl on the bed next to his mom's.
He continued "She will share this room with your mother from now on. We just moved her from the ICU (intensive care unit) since she woke up from a coma this morning. She is sleeping right now, but if she wakes up while you're still here, please call us, ok?"

Chan nodded.

Dr. Choi gave him a smile. "I am sure she is going to make it", Chan said, looking at his mother.

When all the doctors were gone he glanced at the girl not that far away from him. Even though she had messy hair and wore hospital clothes, something about her was beautiful. He couldn't stop looking at her. She looked so ethereal, just lying there.

He paid attention to his mom again and smiled. "Mom, I brought you new flowers," he said softly and exchanged them with the old flowers that sat in a vase on her nightstand.

Just as he was about to sit down again he saw the girl moving. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around until her eyes met his. 
" Who are you?" She asked confused "Wait, where am I?”

It took him a couple of seconds to respond.
"Well my name is Christopher Bang, but you can call me Chan. And you're in a hospital." 

She looked at him. Then she turned around again to look outside, not saying anything more.

He waited a couple of minutes hoping the conversation would go on, but the silence grew louder and louder with each second.

"Are you okay?" He asked, unsure about her behaviour.

She didn't respond.

He sighed. Then he remembered Dr. Choi’s words and stood up. "Since you're awake, I need to get the doctors." As he was about to walk out, he heard her yell "WAIT". He turned around to look at her.

"Please...Just wait. Don't call them yet. I don't want to see them now. Give me just ten more minutes." She looked at him with tears in her eyes.

How could he say no? 
"Okay.. But only ten minutes." 

"Thank you" she uttered softly and looked down at her hands. Tears started falling and she cried silently.

He couldn't just stand there and watch her cry. Chan walked over to Yuna and sat near her on the bed.
"Hey don't cry, your pretty eyes will become red and puffy" he said softly.

His comment made her look up to him not believing what he just told her. 
No one had ever told her that her eyes were beautiful. Chan was also surprised and didn't know where the confidence came from since he normally didn't really interact with girls.

More tears were streaming down her face now and she tried hard to hold back her sobs.  

He cupped her face with his big hands, wiping her tears away. "Shh, everything is going to be alright." 

He opened his arms and let her cry on his shoulders.

They had only known each other for a few minutes, but somehow this felt like the only right thing to do.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°☆°°°°°°°°°☆°°°°°°°°°☆°°°°°°°°°°°°°
1167 words

I really try to tell myself that my bias is hyunjin and I have to stay loyal. But Chan makes it almost impossible.

Yeah I don't know what else to say🤠

Also special thanks to Leo_The_Lioness for editing and correcting my mistakes!☀️