the king's request

LUTH'S POV

I walk to outside with a smiling face holding a scroll.. it's the proof that I pass the exam...

Ahhhhh~ that felt nice~ my first win on a actual duel..

I was smiling and giggling someone grabs my shoulder where that guy stab me

"Owwwww!!!! What's that for!?" I look back seeing Aria laughing "why did you do that!!?? That hurts!!!" I shouted everyone outside looks at us.. I can feel glares again..

"Ahahaha~ to think that you would use your own body to lure him in, as expected to my future knight!'

I laughs awkwardly... Everyone would probably think.. why am I being friendly with the princess who was 3 years older than me... Well.. I can't just say we're childhood friends..

"Anyway luth.." she put her face near my ear to whisper something

"The king is waiting for you on the top of tower, he said he wants to talk to you.."

"Huh!? Why!?"

"Maybe to arrange our marriage?"

"Thats not a good joke hime-sama.."

I sighed and walk to the tower that was in the main campus..

"I'll be going now aria.." I smiled at her and leaves her..

I walk up the tower... And it's damn so high...I'm getting tired!

And at last after 10 minutes worth of steps...there was a room it's the only room here...

I knock at the door "pardon me my Lord.." I said as I open the door..

The king was waiting for me there

"Luth! Congratulations for passing the test!" He suddenly shouts

"T-thank you my Lord..."

"Come on no one can hear us here.. you can call me uncle"

Yes .. since my mother often works in the castle... I befriend aria.. and the king.. well he's the one who told me to call him uncle..

"And I see that you have defeated William.. good work . I don't like that kid.. always saying he's my daughter's fiance.. what a bastard.."

This side of the king... Was only known by few..

Most people know him as a serious charismatic leader..

But in reality.. he's a happy go lucky guy..

"Well I only beat him since I don't want to fail..." I scratched my head

"Oh yes almost forgot... I have something to tell you luth"

"What is it uncle?"

The king smiles "I have a sickness that  one can only get from this realm"

What does that mean?.. don't tell me it's..

"Luth... I'm dying"

I was surprise.. if anyone know this . It would cause chaos.. but why tell me? Why me? A human?..

"You are a valued friend of my daughter luth... And I know who you are.."

"What do you mean uncle!?"

"A goddess called creator told me everything in a dream"

My eyes widen, so creator is starting to move..

"You are from another world.. you die protecting the girl you love..and I understand.. you see that girl in my daughter Ariana...please when I die ..take care of her"

"T-this is too much of a responsibility..." I said

"I know.. but.. as my dying wish.. no a request from your uncle.. please don't let anyone hurt my daughter.."

I look down and clench my fist..."alright.." I look up and smiled at him " I will do it! I promise no matter what happens,even if it cause my life.. I would protect Ariana ,the princess.. with my all!"

The king smile..."I Julius Hornraven..."

I look at him in confusion.. as he said his name and take a sword in a chest

"Bestow you, this treasure.. Iciel..the sword of frost.."

He hand me the sword named Iciel.. in my surprise it was a katana.. a Japanese sword...

I smiled at him again "thank you Uncle..."

"No I would like to thank you, for accepting my request "

I went back down the tower with my new sword in my waist... A katana.. with a blue sheet..the sword of frost..Iciel

"I guess.. I'll go home now.."

.....

Once I'm home, I open the door and my mother was waiting for me

"How's the test?" She ask me

I showed her the scroll and smiled

She runs to me and hug me out of happiness..

"I'm so proud of you my boy! I knew you'll pass! " She keeps patting my head

I just laugh.. and hugs my mother.. even if she's not blood related.. she is still my mother who loved me and take care of me... She's one of the person's here that I want to protect..

"Alright! This needs to be celebrated! I'll cook my specialty for dinner!" She shouts starts preparing dinner .. specialty.. she mean her chicken curry.. it is delicious truly worthy to be called a specialty

_________________

TO BE CONTINUED