Chapter 26: Played x (Part 3)

A couple of days later .

Star,

While laying in bed of my hotel suite I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself. Just thinking about it pissed me off, but how could you forget someone who has given you much to remember?

___

"Star wait don't go-"

"Don't touch me Christopher."

"Don't you walk away from me, I'm warning you." He yelled behind me. I should have looked back, but something told me not to. Maybe this is the next step to moving forward.

"Star come back here!"

"For what Chris?! What lame excuse do you have For keeping here?"

POP!

As he stood over me, I could see the tears form in his eyes. "You shouldn't have done that princess." He said above a whisper and his jaw tightened. Next thing I know, he had his hand around my neck strangling the life out of me.

And he was the last face that I saw.

"Tell me who's going to love me when you're gone." He screamed slamming my head to the floor. I tried to remove his hands but it was useless.

"What can I do to make you fucking understand that I love you!"

Lights out.

"Don't leave me."

"I'll be the death of you."

"Welcome to hell Star."

____

Waking up in cold sweat, my phone was going off. I reached over struggling to pick it up but when I did I noticed it was Chris, so I answered.

"H-hello?" I answered still in a daze from the dream I just had.

"Hey. You've been drinking?" he asked chuckling and I smiled a little while climbing out of bed.

"No, just had a nightmare." I said softly.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What you want?"

"I missed you."

I sat in bed quiet for a minute. It was actually funny how a player can catch feelings real quick and actually mean it without realizing it.

"Hello, earth to Star, are you there?"

"Uh, yeah sorry. Just-"

"Lost at words?" He said finishing off my sentence, causing me to smile.

"Want me to repeat it?"

"No, uh where's your new wifey at?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because you're supposed to be tending to her, NOT me."

"Says the one who tried to fight her." He replied laughing. "Why You worried about her anyways. You don't like her remember."

"Chris, don't play with me. I don't mind coming back over there beating both of ya'll asses to sleep."

"So you don't miss me?" He asked cockily and I rolled my eyes trying not to laugh. He wasn't gonna give up until he got what he was looking for.

"Chris I-" I started but stopped. There's no way I can admit my feelings now. Its too early and besides, three weeks apart is not enough.

"Yeah baby girl?"