• The Advisor •

Chapter four: The Advisor

I came back earlier than my Court Lady have expected

Fuming. I walk hastily, the class and sophistication already forgotten.
I couldn't believe what I just saw, and I will surely wont let it pass.

It was the only thing that were running through my head during the whole journey from the town.

I could not believe how a mere consort have the audacity to roam freely despite of the rules bestowed to her by the palace.

She may be favored by the King but that does not allow her to break the rules of this court.

Court Lady Suk hurried to my side, relief is evident in her face. "You're right on time, Your Majesty." She said and bowed, "The King's advisor have been here, asking to see you."

My forehead creased. The King's advisor?

"And why would Excellency Kim wants to see the Queen?" Jimin said from behind me.
My sang-gung bowed to him, and remain her head lower.
As I ponder on what I've learnt.

I hissed under my breath. And heave a deep sigh as I straighten myself. Thinking of the possible reasons for the King's advisor to be in my palace.

Jimin is somewhat right, why would the heir of Kim Clan and the King's trusted man would go to my palace himself and ask to see me?

"Where is he now?" I asked my court lady.

She sighed, "In your garden, Your Majesty." And she said. Informing me about the man.

I nodded my head before turning to Park Jimin.

"I believe you no longer have any business here." I firmly said. I did not wait for what he will say, and turn my back on him.
"No one will follow me." I firmly told the court ladies who were ready to become my tails.

Still in the commoner's clothing, I turn on my heels and head to my garden.
Where a certain man awaits.

His back was facing me, as he was busy looking through the flowers that bloomed in the very place.

I cleared my throats to declare my presence.  Which he acknowledged.

He turn to my direction and bowed, before walking closer. "The King is still mad for what you did, Your Majesty." He calmly said. Both his hands were hidden behind him, as his eyes tells nothing and dull. Deprived of any emotion or color.

I held my chin higher, and smiled.

"I did nothing." I said.

He heaved and shake his head. "Then how will you explain...this?" He asked, showing me the thing hidden behind him.

He was holding a white cloth, which obviously contain something inside it.
Something awfully familiar to me.

Kim Namjoon unfolded it, thus revealing the yellowish powder inside.
The very powder that I seems so fond of.