• Everything •

Chapter twelve: Everything

A/N: okay first of all, I am proud that you're still reading this story and that THIS CHAPTER IS A MAJOR SPOILER FOR THE WHOLE STORY PLOT, that's all thank you ❤️ enjoy~

"Your Majesty," My sanggung closed the door as she entered and hurried to my side. "There was an informant from the King's palace that the King himself was on his way to here." I sighed and closed the book I was reading.

"What could be the reason for that sudden visit?" I asked, but Court Lady Suk look as clueless as I am in this situation.

Could it be...because I left his palace earlier than expected after last night's consummation?

I couldn't bear the thought that everything that happened were merely for duty, that I had to leave while he's asleep to spare my dignity and avoid crying in front of his sleeping form.

But why...

This is the first time that I am not happy to hear about his arrival on my palace.

"Your Majesty, the King is outside." Another voice said from the outside of my door.

Court Lady Suk turned back to me, waiting for anything that I will say.

"Prepare us some tea." I muttered, "And let him inside." The woman bowed before leaving to do as I order.

After that was another sound of my door opening, with the King's entrance. I stood up and bowed.

"And what could be the reason that brings the King to my palace?" I asked with so much respect.
He sighed and motioned me to sit down.

"You left the place of consummation, early." He started, voice firm. It was not a question but a statement.

I sighed and stared back at him.

"There was no reason for me to stay there." I said. "Now, what can I help you with, my King?"

He stared at me for moment, examining me, while I look away.

"You are good in politics, aren't you?" He suddenly asked.

Confusion emerge on my face.

Why was he asking about that?

"My knowledge is not as wise as your officials's, but I do know few things when it comes to politics, Your Majesty." I answered, still confuse. "Is there something that you needed me for?"

Now everything just dont make any sense. Just days before he was trying to get me into treason, and now he was asking about my certain expertise.