• Memories •

Chapter seventeen: Memories

A/N: THIS IS ANOTHER BIG SPOILER WOOOHOOOOO 😂

Ji Seok walks closer to me, I can see from the side how she clenched her hand around the handle of her sword

She must've noticed it also.

Those shadows that tend to move around us, circling us like some predator waiting to attack their prey.

Court Lady Suk had to be left behind near the bridge, she will to follow if we made sure that no threat was around—which has been proven wrong.

My own sword was hidden in the comfort of my robe. But my eyes are sharp enough to observe those shadows that moves fast and silent.

Assassins.

Those lowly scum!

There was a loud 'thud', and all those shadows neared us. Clad in black, faces hidden, and blades pointed at me.

These are assassins that does not belong to the court. But men of the court or not, it is clear that someone wanted to hurt me and the people I trust.
Someone ordered these men to ambush me or hurt the Chois.

Ji Seok came in front of me, shielding me from the men. Her sword was up in a threatening position.

"Who ordered you to threaten the life of the Choi!?" I hissed. But instead of answering, the men positioned themselves, ready to attack any minute.

I had no other choice, these men wont be the type to answer to me. So I took off my outer coat, threw it on the ground, and take my sword out of my robe. I once again discard its scabbard, letting the blade reflect the moon's light.

I hold it firmly, positioning myself in a defensive stance.

The men circled around us. Their swords still threateningly pointed at me.

Ji Seok and I stood together, our back touching, both alert.

Soon the men starts charging on us.

In the middle of the quiet night, with the moon as our witness, and the clanking of metal can only be heard, it was a fight that threw me on the edge.

I can only feel hatred and pain.

The man's sword swing on my right, but his lack of concentration allowed me to move freely and managed to target his leg. I whipped my sword and cut through the flesh there, deeply.
The man cried in pain, clutching his wounded leg.

Jun Seok emerged in the middle of the fight, and did not hesitate to swing his sword at anyone that would try to get closer to me.

It was a short but agonizing fight.
And all I could feel while being in the battlefield, was the hatred I have for the person behind all of these. And the pain that follows every time I remember the people associated with them.