• Yield your Sword •

Chapter sixteen: Yield your Sword

"Court Lady Suk," I called out from the inside of my palace

I couldn't sleep. For unknown reason I just can't, and I have a sudden urge to visit the village outside this palace. To visit my cousin.

It's been awhile since the last time I heard from her, and the last time I've seen her. Some unsettling feeling is bugging me.

I heard my room's door being opened, revealing my sanggung.
She bowed to me before making her way towards me, and sat down across from mine. "You called for me, Your Majesty?" She asked.

"Can you ready a palanquin, and some commoners clothes?" I asked.

The woman was confused, "Can I please know why? Isn't it too late for that, Your Majesty? The night is already deep.." she trailed.

"I have to see Lady Choi, Court Lady Suk." I said, sighing. "I need to see her."

"Can't that wait until morning, Your Majesty? His Majesty will surely wont appreciate it if he will to learn that you left the palace in the middle of the night." I can see the worry etched on the woman's face as she said those words. But my mind has been made up.

"Just ready everything I've asked." I said, firmly. The woman sighed, bowed and stood up, about to leave. But I stopped her.
"And tell Jun Seok and Ji Seok to get ready too, the three of you are coming with me, Court Lady Suk." I added.

The woman nodded and left.

After some minutes of pondering inside my palace, pacing back and forth in anxiousness, my Court Lady arrived with all the clothes I've asked, she is already on a commoner's clothings.

"The men and your palanquin is already outside, Your Majesty." She said, handing me my clothes. I nodded. Court Lady Suk bowed again before leaving, to give me some privacy as I change into the clothes she've given me.

I hurriedly put on the clothes, discarding my royal ones.
We left the palace right after, quietly. We made sure that no one was there to see us depart.

Even when I'm already carried inside the palanquin, I still can't shake off the unsettling feelings in me. I can't shake off that uncomfortable shallow on the pit of my stomach.
I have a feeling that something bad would happen if I wont be able to reach the Choi's household as fast as I could.

"Can you hurry?" I shouted from the inside.

"We will, Your Majesty!" And I heard Court Lady Suk answered from the outside.
The palanquin moved faster, and the heavy sounds of feet colliding with the ground, indicate that the men carrying my palanquin have done as I asked of.