• Start •

Chapter nine: Start

Hyun Ae has to be kept inside the palace more often, and she barely meet the Crown Prince anymore

Hyun Ae has to be kept inside the palace more often, and she barely meet the Crown Prince anymore. She couldn't even be allowed out after sunset, has to study as the palace ladies guide her around.

There are five other contestants along with her. All are from wealthy and mighty household. All are pretty and knowledgeable.

It was a tough competition.

But Hyun Ae has a promise to fulfill. And like what she swore to the Prince, she will never let him marry someone else aside of her.

"What are you doing?" A soft voice asked from behind her. Hyun Ae was busy sitting near the pond, watching the orange fishes swam around their small place.

Without looking behind her, she answered, "Feeding the fishes." And true to her words, she was feeding them with some of her bread.

She felt someone sat beside her, she slightly looks up to see who it was.

It was one of the other girls.
Her competitors.

Her smile fades, replaced by a sneer. "I didn't invite you to sit with me." Her immature self said.

The girl beside her chuckles, hand going up to cover her mouth as she snickers. She also looks a bit older compare to Hyun Ae herself.

"I know, I just want a friend." Her soft misty voice said. Eyes a little crinkling.

Hyun Ae has to admit. The girl was pretty.

"And you look like someone I can confide with in this place." The girl added, her smile never fading.   "The other girls are just too competitive. They kept seeing me as a threat."

But Hyun Ae is also her competitor? And the little girl seemingly thinking the same way.

Hyun Ae has to think twice, because she knows what it's like living strategically. Maybe she's only befriending her so she can easily rank up from them and stole the Prince. And Hyun Ae, the young Hyun Ae, dont want that.

But the girl dont look like someone that would stab her from the back..she looks nice and sweet. Smell nice. Dress nice. She looks like an older sister. Feels like an older sister.

Hyun Ae has always wanted a sister. Being born and raised with two brothers, she doesn't really know what it was like to be close to another girl.