twenty

•••

•••

BUCKY AND SAM both woke up the next day at around ten with a hangover and killer headache. sam smiled softly at the aspirin and water laid out for him, knowing alexa left it there for him.

bucky's head was laying on alexa's chest, cuddled into her side. he looked up, alexa awake. he felt her fingers comb through his hair. she felt him move, her looking down to see bucky smiling at her.

"morning buck." alexa softly spoke, hearing the groan escape bucky's lips. he buried his head into her side, trying to escape the light coming through his windows.

"mornin' doll. please don't let me drink like that ever again." he mumbled, alexa chuckling.

"i warned you boys. sit up, i left some aspirin out for you." alexa laid a kiss on his head, bucky mumbling profanities. the two sat up, bucky reaching for the pills and water. he took the pills, knowing that it probably wouldn't help. the serum lessens the effects of the hangover, yet bucky drank a lot of thor's alcohol last night.

he laid back down, now bringing alexa into his arms. flashes from last night started coming through, like sam almost getting kicked out of the bar for asking people to throw peanuts at him like he was a actual bird. bucky chuckled silently. he continued to think back to last night, his eyes widening.

"lexa?" bucky asked, him playing with her hair. she hummed in acknowledgement, about to fall back asleep. he hesitated, but knew he should bring it up.

"did i tell you i loved you last night?" alexa wasn't tired anymore. her heart fell, thinking the worst. maybe he didn't mean it, or said it by accident. she sat up, nodding.

"yea, you did." she gave a weak chuckle. bucky sighed, mumbling something. alexa was confused and scared. her anxiety was through the roof.

"gosh i'm sorry doll. i've been meaning to tell you that for a while now. yet it's been real hard. i haven't told somebody i loved them besides steve in seventy years. i really didn't want my first time telling you i loved you with me being a drunken idiot." alexa let out a silent breath of relief. she smiled, shaking her head.

"it's okay buck, you don't gotta be sorry." alexa reassured him. he nodded, cupping her face.

"i love you alexa." his eyes crinkled, his steel blue eyes locked on hers. she smiled softly at him.

"i love you too james."

bucky leaned forward to kiss her, their lips molding perfectly against each other. a quick press of bucky's tongue against her bottom lip drew a full body shiver. bucky's chuckle rumbled from deep in his chest, the wonderful sound ringing in her ears.

her thumbs slid across his cheekbones, the scruff under her fingers added to the sensation that came with kissing bucky barnes. his hand that was resting on her arm trailed down her body to her thigh that was hidden under the duvet cover. there's was a small hitch in her breath at bucky's cool hand contrasting her warm skin that he noticed. they decide to break away, definitely not ready to go any further.