Returning the Favor

Author's Note: This takes place after USJ, but it starts out with a flashback. You also have an umbrakinesis quirk that only works if you don't talk, but your welcome to just insert your own quirk over it.

Flashback

Y/N's POV 

     You stepped to your right and dodged as a thug came running at you with a knife, narrowly missing your face by an inch. It had only been a few minutes since you and Todoroki were warped into the landslide zone, and you were quickly beginning to become overwhelmed. 

"Y/N!" he called out as he encased a villain in ice, "I can do something that will immobilize everyone, but I need you to get out of the way or else you'll be caught in the crossfire." 

     You looked over and gave a thumbs up, surrounding yourself with shadows and lifting yourself off the ground. As soon as you were out of harm's reach, Todoroki shot out a thick sheet of ice that froze all your opponents to the floor. Your eyes widened in admiration. His quirk was one of the most coolest things you had ever seen. 

He released a breath of cold air, "It's safe to come down now." 

You smiled and released your hold on the shadows, touching down right next to him, "Thanks."

     He grinned and opened his mouth to say something, when a flicker of movement caught your eye. You sucked in a breath and quickly grabbed his collar, pulling him out of the way as a spear whizzed by. If you had reacted any later, it would've gone straight through his head. 

His jaw dropped, "Thanks."

"Just returning the favor," you said before letting go of his shirt and launching an attack in the direction the spear came flying from. 

     You heard a grunt as your shadows found the enemy, and you made quick work of restraining them as you dragged them in front Todoroki. Since you couldn't speak while using your quirk, it was better to leave the talking to him. 

He glared at the villain and bent down so he was face to face with them, "You have five seconds to tell me everything about your little plan before I let my friend squeeze the air out of your lungs with her quirk." 

     The villain smirked and looked from you and Todorki. He obviously didn't believe you two. You sighed and commanded the shadows to squeeze tighter, hopefully persuading them to spill whatever secrets they were hiding. The sooner the better. 

     Finally, after what felt like a good two minutes, the villain wheezed and decided to tell everything. They were here to kill All Might, he revealed, and they were going to do it with a creature named Nomu. You and Todoroki shared a look. This was turning out to be very bad. 

     The next few moments seemed to be a blur as you two raced into the center of the USJ. Every second you took was a second All Might could be brutally murdered. Eventually you two made it, and what you saw was horrifying. The Nomu had its claws embedded into All Might's sides as he was being dragged down into a warp gate. Blood stained his shirt and his face seemed twisted with pain. It almost looked like the end. Without wasting another second, you and Todoroki jumped into action. Todoroki froze the Nomu while you created hands out of shadow that freed All Might from its grasp. 

"Thanks you two! Now please, get to safety!" All Might said with a smile on his face. 

     You nodded and began to turn away, when all of a sudden the Nomu screeched and lunged for you. Your breath hitched and your body tensed up. It was too fast, but someone was faster. A force collided with your body and you were pushed to the floor. You gasped and looked up to find Todoroki on top of you as he shielded both of you with ice.