Beach Day - Part 2

Quick Author's Note: I've decided this is gonna be a slow burn one shot. 

Y/N's POV

"I think you might like this band."

"Oh really?"

      It had only been fifteen minutes since the bus had started moving and neither of you could stop recommending different artists for the other to listen to. One song kept leading to another and before you knew it, you had a whole new playlist that the two of you created. 

A small grin appeared on your face as you scrolled through the songs, "You know if I'm being honest Todoroki I never thought you were the type to like this music."

He immediately gave you a look, "And why is that?" 

You shrugged, "You just... don't give off that vibe you know?" 

This only made him seem more confused, "A vibe?"

"Yeeeaah you know it's like your uh... actually I'm not sure how to explain it." 

      He nodded slowly and leaned back in his seat, seemingly staring off into space. Is that... the end of the conversation? 

"What should we name the playlist?" you quickly asked, hoping that he might get the hint and keep talking. 

"I don't know." 

      Another awkward silence. Since when did I get so caught up in getting to know him? It doesn't matter I guess but... things were going so well earlier. Unless I offended him by talking about his vibe?! 

You felt your face heat up from embarrassment as you turned to apologize, "Hey Todoroki I-" 

"Alright class we're here." 

     Your attention was quickly drawn to a groggy Mr. Aizawa who was standing at the front of the bus. It looked like he had been sleeping... or at least trying to. 

"I know all of you are dying to leave but before you do I have a few things to say," he continued. 

The class collectively sighed. 

     "Rule number one is don't do anything stupid. I'm looking at you Midoriya. Rule number two is be back at the bus by 8 PM. If you're not you're expelled. Finally, rule number three is that everyone has to wear a tracking bracelet on their wrist. It's light weight and you won't even know it's there. We don't want a repeat incident of the training camp. Got it?" 

Everyone nodded.

"Good now get out." 

Short Time Skip

"I think my bracelet is on too tight," Hagakure complained as you stood with the rest of the girls.

"Here, let me try and loosen it." 

"Thanks Tsu. I don't even know why he tightened it so much." 

"It's probably cause he can't see your wrist." 

"Oh right..." 

     You laughed absent-mindedly but did nothing as you were too focused on something else. Your mind kept replaying that awkward incident on the bus and at this rate you just wanted to forget it. Why did I have to mention THAT to Todoroki? Ugh, he probably hates me now and thinks I'm weird...

"Hey Y/N, you okay?" Uraraka asked snapping you out of your daze. 

You scratched the back of your neck nervously, "Hm? Oh yeah I'm fine don't worry."

She gave you a small smile, "Okay. You just seem out of it right now... that's all." 

You sighed and opened your mouth to say something, but Mina interrupted, "It's probably just the heat getting to her under that sweatshirt. Like, seriously Y/N how are you even wearing that right now?" 

     You shrugged. I didn't notice it earlier, but now that she mentions it... I am really sweaty. Oh my gosh what if Todoroki noticed how sweaty I was?! Please tell me I packed deodorant... 

"Woah Y/N you're really flushed right now. Maybe you should take off the sweatshirt before you pass out," Uraraka said placing a hand on your shoulder. 

You shook your head, "No! I'm fine I swear. Let's just go enjoy the beach." 

Todoroki's POV

"Midoriya I have a question."

The green haired teen sighed, "If it's another theory on how I'm All Might's-" 

"No, no it's not that," Todoroki interrupted, "My question is... what is a vibe?" 

Immediately the other teen put a hand over his mouth to stop him from laughing, "Are... are you being serious?!" 

"Don't laugh! It's a valid question!" Todoroki fumed as his face turned a dark shade of red. 

Midoriya shook his head and wiped away a few tears he shed from his laughing fit, "Okay okay. Hold on let me pull out Urban Dictionary."

"Urban Dictionary?" 

"You have a lot to learn." 

     The half and half teen didn't reply and instead waited as his friend pulled out his phone. I hope Y/N doesn't think I'm weird because of my "vibe" whatever that is...

"While I'm waiting for the internet to load I have a question for you as well," Deku said all of sudden. 

"Okay." 

"Who mentioned a vibe to you anyways?" 

Todoroki sighed, "It was Y/N." 

"Y/N? Really? I've never really talked to her before. What got you guys to even have a conversation in the first place?" 

Todoroki's face flushed, "Oh... it was nothing." 

I've never told anyone else but her about my music taste, he thought to himself. 

The green haired teen smirked, "You're blushing." 

"No I'm not," Todoroki hastily replied as he felt his face heat up even more. 

"I have a theory now." 

"And what is it?" 

"I think you like-" 

"Are you two going to stand there or are we going to the beach?!" interrupted a voice all of a sudden. 

     The two teens quickly turned to find a very impatient and angry Bakugo. The rest of the guys were waiting too, and it looked like the girls had already gone off somewhere. 

"S-Sorry we're coming!" Midoriya replied nervously. 

Todoroki didn't say anything. I still don't know what a vibe is...

Author's Note: This is completely unrelated to My Hero but I need to know how many of you have read the webtoon "Sweet Home." 

I'm totally addicted to the series and I 10/10 recommend it to anyone. I love the main character <3

---

IMPORTANT QUESTION: How many of you are satisfied with the cover? 

When I originally made this book I didn't expect it to get this much attention lol so I didn't really put effort into the cover. I'm thinking of changing it, but I want to know what you guys think as well.