The Girl From Support

Quick Author's Note: This is going to be a bit of a long oneshot. 

Y/N's POV 

     Sparks danced in front of your eyes as you carefully welded two pieces of metal together. It was a very busy day in Mr. Power Loader's classroom, and you being one of the top three students of the support course, got to help him with whatever he needed. Luckily, today was one of those occasions, as students from the hero course were coming in for corrections to their costumes and whatnot so you got to stick around. You grinned, a giddy feeling erupting within your chest. You were ecstatic about tinkering with hero costumes, especially ones that could belong to well known future pros. 

     Shutting off your welding torch, you sighed in satisfaction and flipped up your mask to gaze at your work. As of right now you were helping the one and only, Shoto Todoroki, and you wanted things to be perfect. This is crazy, you thought, someone's actually going to be using something I make! Even if it's only a simple utility belt... 

You turned at met the eyes of the half and half boy who had mostly remained quiet, "Can you try this on real quickly? I need to make sure it fits so it won't cause problems during a battle." 

     He nodded and gently grabbed the support item from your hands, his fingertips briefly brushing yours before pulling away to adjust the buckle. Smiling, you stepped back and looked over the finalized product. The belt had rested just where you had intended it to be, and didn't appear to be too tight or too lose. Of course, you spotted some minor adjustments that could be made, but other than you were satisfied. It also really highlights the rest of his upper body... your mind rattled off without you stopping yourself. Immediately, you felt your face heat up as you mentally scolded yourself for the comment. This was sooooo the wrong time to be checking out a guy. 

"UM... uh do you like it?!" you asked as you wished you had left your welding mask down to hide your growing blush. 

He nodded, "I think it's pretty cool, but what are these?" 

     You released a sigh of relief and looked down at the small metal canister that rested in his hand, "Well you mentioned you wanted it to be a utility belt right? Those contain medical supplies. Think of it as a mini and light-weight med kit. You open them by using both hands and twisting the top while pressing down on the- well actually here it'll be easier if I show you..."

     Amidst your explanation, you suddenly grabbed his hands without a second thought and placed yours over his, gently twisting your fingers together to show him how to properly open the canister. You then quickly did the opposite, running your fingers over his knuckles and showing him how to close it before the contents spilled out and all over the floor. 

"... It's conveniently simple right?" you finished looking up at him for approval, still not realizing the somewhat intimate gesture.

A mad red blush had formed on his cheeks as he stared down at your intertwined hands, "Y-Yeah. T-Thanks..." 

     You smiled as your gut filled with the feeling of hard work paying off, but then deflated as soon as you realized how close your faces were.

Immediately, you opened your mouth to utter and apology when a familiar voice rang through the workshop, "Hey Y/N! Are you done with the welding torch?" 

You yelped and let go of his hands, "Yeah, it's all yours Hatsume!" 

     Turning your back to the blushing teen, you grabbed the torch and removed the welding mask letting your (H/C) locks cascade down your shoulders. It was getting a little hot in the workshop you noted, or maybe it was just your face heating up from blushing so much. You sighed and buried your face in a clean towel, wiping the sweat that creased your forehead.