Volleyball (Haikyuu Themed)

Author's Note: I'M ALIVE >:D

Also I love Haikyuu <3 I just finished season 2 and it's really really good!

I saw someone asked for a volleyball themed one shot, and I can't say I take requests too much (if not at all), but as soon as I saw it I just had to. 

There will be NO Haikyuu spoilers in this btw for all of you who want to watch Haikyuu as well. Also nobody has quirks in this. 

Y/N's POV 

     The sting from the cold bench seemed to fade to the back of your mind as you watched the match between UA and Shiketsu continue. So far the two teams were tied, each having taken one of the previous sets, and were currently battling over the third. 

"This is bad," Mr. Aizawa muttered gruffly, "We need to call a timeout and let the team cool off. Todoroki also seems pretty agitated, so I might have to swap him out for-"

"That won't be necessary!" you quickly interrupted. 

     Mr. Aizawa looked at you with a weird expression on his face. It was definitely unusual of you to have an outburst like that. 

"I-I mean," you continued nervously, "I think I have a way to get his head back in the game..." 

He pondered for a moment, "Alright if you say so. Call a timeout after this rally." 

     You nodded and bit your lip, turning your focus back to the match. Everything should have been fine except... you may or may not have lied. You actually had no way of getting Todoroki to focus again. You were just desperate to keep him in play. 

     A sigh escaped your lips as you felt your heart flutter. You didn't want to keep him in the game because of your feelings. It wasn't that. You just happened to know how much this match meant to him...

Quick Flashback Time to the Night Before the Match

"Let me walk you home Y/N," a monotone voice said as you turned the key to the gym's door.

Your heart skipped a beat, "N-No it's alright! My house is literally just down the street. Besides, you should rest up for the match tomorrow. You are our starting setter after all and we need to hit the ground running if we want to take down Shiketsu." 

He sighed, "You know I could say the same about you too." 

"What do you mean?" 

"You're our team manager. If anything happens to you in the time it takes for you to walk from here to your house, we're already at a disadvantage. Unlike me, you don't have anyone who could replace you." 

"I... guess I never thought of it like that. Thanks..." you replied slowly, tightening the strap of your bag.

     He nodded not saying another word as the two of you made your way down the street. This wasn't the first time he had walked you home before. After all, you were always the one who helped him train when practice was over. 

"Hey Todoroki," you began, "I've noticed you've been practicing way more than you usually do. Is it because your nervous for the match against Shiketsu?" 

He didn't reply.

You fidgeted uncomfortably, "S-Sorry. I didn't realize it was a sensitive topic..." 

"No it's okay," he said, "I just don't know if you want to hear it." 

"I don't mind."