Baking

Quick Author's Note: So this was inspired by one of the memories in the "Memories" oneshot.

Also we're defaulting back to the umbrakinesis quirk but just feel free to just insert your own over it. For those who are new or didn't read the description: Umbrakinesis is the ability to bend shadows to your will, but it comes at the cost of your voice meaning you cannot speak while your quirk is activated. Some other drawbacks include chills, drop in body temperature, and flickering vision. 

Y/N's POV

"Chocolate or Vanilla?" you asked as you held up two cake mixes.

     Your half and half boyfriend sat on the counter and studied the two boxes carefully. Maybe a bit too carefully, but whatever you thought it was adorable. 

"Can we make them both?" he asked after a bit. 

You giggled, "Sure, and we can even make the cake half and half like you." 

     He nodded and slid off the counter grabbing a box to help you bake the dessert. It was a quiet Saturday morning in the dorms, but little did you know that it was about to change. 

"Alright," you said as you finished incorporating the wet and dry ingredients of the chocolate cake, "I'm ready. Are you rea-" 

     Suddenly a piece of batter whizzed through the air and came flying at your face. You yelped as your body moved before you could process what was happening, and ended up clinging to the counter as if your life depended on it. 

"What was tha- AH!" 

     This time you'd failed to dodge as the feeling of cold wet batter seeped through your shirt. You shivered as you felt it run down your side, but a certain someone's laughter brought you back to the present. 

A mischievous grin spread across your features, "Oh it is sooo on." 

He smirked, "Bring it." 

    Quickly but carefully, you hoisted yourself up onto the counter, narrowly missing another attack as you decided launch one of your own. Using your quirk, you floated several blobs of batter and launched them at your boyfriend as a resounding SPLAT echoed through the kitchen.

"AH! Y/N!" he yelled, although he didn't sound mad, he was happy. 

    You peaked over the tabletop to catch a glimpse of his face. His cheek was smeared with chocolate cake batter, and remnants of it lingered in his bangs and hair. 

"You're so going to get it now!" 

      An icy chill swept through the kitchen as you ducked back behind the counter. Your teeth chattered and you couldn't move. At this rate Todoroki will- 

SPLAT.

...hit me, your thoughts finished as cold batter ran down your face. 

You shook your head, trying to wipe the batter away from your eye, "That was a dirty move!" 

He held up his cake stained hands, "All is fair in love and war~" 

     You rolled your eyes and created a wall of shadow to give you some space while you went to go look for a giant spoon or a spatula. Maybe even a frying pan...

"Hey this is against the rules!" you heard him shout as he pounded against the barrier. 

     You smirked and took a finger full of batter to write on the wall you'd made. 

"ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR~"

     And with a wink you decided to add a finishing touch by drawing a mustache right where Todoroki was standing with a playful scowl on his face. Satisfied that you had gotten him back, you turned towards to the cupboards lining the wall. Surely there had to be a spatula somewhere in the-

SPLAT. 

     You spun around to look in the direction of where the projectile came from. Your barrier was still up, but Todoroki was no longer behind it. 

You deactivated your quirk, "You went around the counter didn't you." 

He smiled smugly, "Yep." 

     The two of you resumed your little cake war, flinging batter all over the kitchen. There was cake everywhere. It was on the ceiling, in the stove, on each other... you could go on. In hindsight you probably should've cared more about the mess you two were making, but at the moment you didn't. Your competitiveness kicked in, and you wanted victory. 

     Somewhere along the way the two of you were forced into a stalemate and you hid behind the island counter thinking of a plan. You could always just power through and win by brute force, but... you thought of something better. Giggling, you sprang up and ran around the corner, discreetly grabbing another handful of batter as you went. Determination and playfulness coursed through your veins. 

"I call truce!" you said smiling sweetly as you hid your ammunition behind your back. 

He shook his head spreading droplets of cake on the floor, "Glad to hear." 

    He then stood up and spread out his arms for a hug. Quickly you buried yourself in his embrace, slowly raising your arms around him and... SPLAT.

"I win," you whispered into his ear. 

He chuckled, "I surrender... but let the record show that-"

"YOU WILL CLEAN THIS UP IMMEDIATELY!" finished another voice for him.

     You stepped out of the hug to look behind Todoroki, and sure enough before you was a very angry Iida. 

You let out a sheepish giggle, "Um... oops?" 

The raven haired boy sighed and pushed up his glasses, "If you clean this up before breakfast, I won't tell Mr. Aizawa. But please remember this in the future, if you ever decide to have a war like this again... be sure to do so outside." 

     You couldn't help but notice that he placed special emphasis on the last word to make sure you and Todoroki got it.

"Yes we understand."

"Good." 

You waited a few seconds until he was out of earshot to turn to Todoroki, "That was fun." 

He nodded and wrapped his arms around you, "Can we make the cake now?"

You face palmed as a laugh tore its way from your lips, "You're such a goofball you know that?" 

Hi! So sorry if this is rushed or sloppy or full of grammatical errors. I was feeling pressured to release another oneshot for three reasons which are:

1. I woke up and saw this was #1 in the tag shoutoxreader 

2. I want to start working on a book for all the Yato lovers out there who watch Noragami 

3. Winter break is ending soon, and I'm probably going to take a break from Wattpad for the first month or so to readjust to school and whatnot. 

This isn't goodbye, it's just a heads up so you know why I won't be writing as much.

Stay safe everyone <3