Chapter 1

Ye Hua paced the hall.

He really had no interest in meeting his fiancé, he wanted the soul gathering lamp to bring back his Su Su and he wanted to raise his son. Heavenly lord had told him, no ordered him, to meet her and make sure nothing went wrong with the engagement. Celestial tribe had messed up the engagement in the past and could not make any mistakes now. For the umpteenth time, Ye Hua muttered curses at his second uncle who had gotten his life at the cost of Ye Hua's.

"Her Highness, queen of Qing Qiu is here" Tian Shu announced.

Ye Hua nodded and took a deep breath which he promptly held as he caught his first glance of her.

Su Su

It escaped before he could think as did the tears that filled his eyes even though they never dropped.

Bai Qian was determined not to let her fear, Su Su's fear, show. She dug her nails deeper into her palm, focusing on the pain as a distraction from the fear that threatened to overwhelm her. She swallowed.

"I am Bai Qian of Qing Qiu" She said. Her voice sounded strange even to her own ear but the shakiness she felt inside didn't show in it

"Everyone out, close the door" Ye Hua growled at the immortals and they scurried towards the door.

She took an involuntary, unsteady step back at the sound. She focused on her breathing when it was just both of them left in the room. As soon as they were alone and the door were closed, he walked towards her, she reflexively moved back. He stopped.

"Su Su, you're back" he whispered again taking another step in her direction

"Bai Qian would like some tea, your highness." she replied

Ye Hua looked at her like she was crazy and wondered if maybe he was the crazy one. He poured a cup of tea for her and one for himself.

She was seated when he turned around. He brought the tea to her and sat beside the table. She looked at him warily and reached for the tea, he grabbed the extended hand, pushed down her sleeve to reveal the crimson fire scar. She pulled her hand back and folded on her lap.

Ye Hua picked up a cup of the to offer her, he saw her eyes widen and her body retreat just before she turned into a moth and flew out of his study. He frowned in confusion, he wasn't sure what had happened or if it was real. He decided to pay his fiance a visit, he had questions only she could answer.

Bai Qian changed to fox form as soon as she got to Qing Qiu. She hadn't planned to run but she'd seen his hands coming towards her face and the fear had overcome her. She had no idea her emotions would be that strong after 60 years, she'd spent most of her time in seclusion while she waited for him to wake up yet the first time she was in the same room with him, she'd felt all the emotions she worked hard to forget descend on her. She should have gone as a fox, the fox was stronger and had never been mortal but needed him to see her and recognize her so she could gain access to her son. She took her time, taking in the scenery and scents of the woods as she headed back to her cave.

Ye Hua spotted the fox as it walked lazily toward him and the cave. He knew it was Bai Qian but was it Su Su? When she got to the mouth of the cave, she simply stood and watched him. He had a burning desire to run his fingers through the mass of tails that floated behind her like perfect white clouds. He reached out to indulge himself and the fox growled, he retreated.

She transformed into a woman and once again he was looking at Su Su, he reached out again and she slapped his hand away

"Preposterous"

"Su Su, ...."

"I'm Bai Qian. Su Su was merely an identity for a few decades while I was going through my high god ascension trial"

"I thought I'd never see you again" He said suddenly overwhelmed by emotions "We missed our wedding, Let's get married"

"Married?"

"No one will stop us this time"

"I don't want to marry you!" 

Ye Hua was shocked. He stared at the woman in front of him, she was different and it wasn't just the immortal aura. She stood taller and bolder, the woman that came to his study this morning was close to the Su Su he remembered. The one standing in front of him right now was a goddess. A goddess who did not want to marry him.

He smiled sadly "We have a marriage agreement" he hadn't planned to rely on that but he'd take whatever got her to marry him

"I'll ... I'll break it. Your family already did, its only fair I get a chance as well" She replied

He'd seen a glimpse of Su Su in her before the goddess took over. He felt the panic as he heard her words.

"if you didn't want to marry me, why did you come calling today"

"A-Li. I want my son, I want to be part of his life"

"When we marry, you can be his entire life"

Bai Qian sighed, she felt the fear rising up, telling her to give him what he wanted to avoid any pain. Su Su's fears. She quashed them down.

"The years I spent with you were the worst of my 140,000 years. Why would I want to marry you?"

"Qian Qian, I ..." He didn't know where to start. He'd failed her, he knew that but he still loved her and he wanted her in his life. Her wedding night words played in his head; If you betray me, our vows will be void and I'll leave you forever.

"I've waited all this years for you to wake up so I can see my child knowing your family wouldn't let me see him any other way"

"I ... I understand. I'll bring him here tomorrow." He needed time to think of a way to get her back.