Chapter 8

It had been years in the mortal world but really it was just over 2 weeks since they came to the mortal world when they encountered the a ghost realm monster. She'd been chatting with a trader with A-Li strapped to her chest when she felt a sudden pain in her chest.

Ye Hua

She knew he was hurt before she found him. The beast held on to his shoulder as he slashed at it with his sword and magic. She reacted without thinking, shooting out a stream of powerful magic on the beast and sending it retreating with a limp an a growl. She half ran, half flew to him before making her family invisible.

"I'm fine" He said with a mouthful of blood that he refused to let spill.

"Idiot" She replied pressing her thumb and forefinger on both sides of his cheeks until he was forced to cough out the blood.

"Idiot" she said again "We need to get back to Qing Qiu"

"No, lets stay here. It's not too bad, it's just a bite. I can heal it after I ...." He was suddenly on the bed in the hut. He'd yet to get used to how powerful she really was. Although his view of her and his love for her had evolved in the past months, he realized he rarely thought of her power and magic. She was after all a high god, currently thought to be the most powerful female high god.

He felt the cool of her hand against his skin as she traced her fingers over the wounds healing them as she went. He lifted his good hand to wipe the tears off her face.

"Qian Qian, I love you"

She sighed and dropped her head on the bloody shoulder she had just healed.

"I have always and will always love you" he said, stroking her head

"What happened to you? To survive the crown prince trial you would have more cultivation and strength than you currently have"

"Don't cry. Please don't cry"

"I don't even know why I'm crying"

"Because you love me and can't stand to see me hurt"

She sighed but didn't move or respond

"Qian Qian ..."

"I don't want to. You're 90,000 years younger than me, your family is a pain in the ass, I don't like them and you can't stand up to them, your tribe has a lot of nitpicky rules and stupid conventions that I cannot deal with, you took my eyes and broke my heart. Why do I still love you?"

He gently lifted her head and cradled her face in both arms forcing her to face him "Qian Qian, what did you say?"

"I don't.."

"No. Tell me what you feel"

She sighed, took his hands in hers and put her head on his heart. She was a fox and her hearing was her keenest sense.

"I love you"

Ye Hua wrapped his arms around her and smiled as his tears fell freely. For the first time since he woke up from his jump into the Zhuxian terrace, he felt truly happy and satisfied.