Epilogue

"Ye Hua, I'm pregnant, not sick and dying. I can walk from one end of peach palace to the other on my own" Bai Qian said flatly, refusing the hand that he extended to her as she sat on the edge of the bed

"I'm not saying you can't. I'd just prefer if you leaned on me while walking or better still, let me carry you" He replied with a smile

Bai Qian sighed. "you'd think I am the only woman who has ever been pregnant in the world"

"You're the only one that has ever been pregnant with my child"

"I better be or you'll be the deceased crown prince"

Ye Hua laughed and sat down next to his wife, stroking her head gently "Did you know that you've become a lot more possessive since you became pregnant? I love it"

Bai Qian bristled and prepared to deliver a sharp retort when she felt a sudden movement and grabbed her husband's hand to place gently on her stomach

"He moved" she whispered

With his palm open on her stomach and having missed the movement but waiting hopefully for another one, Ye Hua picked up his wife and sat her down on his lap "She loves you being possessive as well"

They sat silently for a while before Ye Hua spoke again "We have to go pick my traitorous son from his uncle"

Bai Qian laughed. After the incident with the emperor bell A-Li had began spending more and more time with Mo Yuan, declaring he was going to become Mo Yuan's disciple and that "uncle is better than father, 100 times" Ye Hua took the comments personally until Lian Song had reminded him that Ye Hua himself had consistently picked his wife over his son. She suspected A-Li's relationship with Mo Yuan was a sub conscious reason Ye Hua had spent the last 50 years convincing her they needed to have more children; he wanted a child that would not prefer his brother over him.

She sighed as she leaned into him. Her family was filled with love and she could not ask for more.

A/N: Thanks to everyone for being part of this story. I enjoyed writing it and I hope you all enjoyed reading it. My next focus is Nine Tails of Two brothers and the next chapter for that story will go live within the next 24 hours. It explains how they met and where the relationships are at the start of the story. Please check it out. Thank you all for being here and reading this story which helped me power through a really tough personal time.