Chapter 12

She moved in with A-Li, she'd just settled in when Ye Hua and Nai Nai walked in with A-Li. The little immortal rocked her baby with love even as she shot barely masked unfriendly looks at Bai Qian.

Bai Qian nodded at Ye Hua who promptly cleared the room and gave instructions to let no one in. Bai Qian took the baby and settled him on the bed then turned to Nai Nai

"Nai Nai, what I'm about to tell you needs to stay between both of us"

Nai Nai looked at her suspiciously but nodded "Yes goddess"

She took of the veil and heard the maid gasp as she grabbed her hand and sobbed.

"It's you. It's really you. You didn't die. I'm so glad you're alive..."

She couldn't make Nai Nai let go of her hand so she pulled the maid into a hug and let her cry for a while. When she was calmer, Bai Qian gave her a short version of the story explaining that it was part of her ascension trial and that she wanted to keep her identity a secret till after the wedding.

On the third day of Bai Qian's stay in heaven, the visitor she'd been expecting most came. She had smiled behind the veil when an immortal announced Su Jin. She sat with a cup of tea as the consort entered the hall.

Su Jin bobbed in a barely visible bow to Bai Qian while the latter regarded her with cold eyes and took a sip of her tea.

"Su Jin rushed here to show her respect to you" She said

"If you're so anxious to pay respect to me, why are you just coming?" Bai Qian replied

"The nine heavens is different from the rest of the world, if it is an important bow, one must prepare and dress appropriately to show sincerity. Based on the rules here, I must visit and bow to you in respect"

"I'm unfamiliar with the rules of the nine heavens but since you say so, follow the rules and bow to me"

"Su Jin already bowed in respect to you"

"You did? That sloppy bob is what the rules demand?"

Su Jin fell to her knees and bowed elaborately

"What are you doing now?" Bai Qian asked

"That was the bow from side consort to the wife, this" she said bowing again "is to express my gratitude to you for taking care of A-Li for several months. A-Li never experienced his biological mother's love so it is good to see you treat him like your son"

"That is not an issue. I love him as my own son"

Bai Qian smiled behind her veil as she saw the immortal lose her composure a bit

"Crown prince loved A-Li's mother very much. When she jumped from Zhuxian terrace, he jumped in after her. After that he was saved by the high god Zhe Yan but didn't wake up for sixty years. We all thought the his majesty would never be happy again but older sister has brought him happiness again. This bow now is because I hope you will marry him soon and revive his half dead heart"

Bai Qian stood up and walked towards Su Jin's kneeling body.

"Since you have spoken so sincerely to me, let me return the favor" She said circling the kneeling figure

"Older sister, please speak"

"Su Jin, what you want is not wanted by other people. As an immortal, it is best not to try to play smart"

"Older sister, I don't understand what you said ..."

"In that case, you should spend some time in seclusion to meditate on them"