Chapter 30

"How did you convince our seventeen to marry you?" One of the disciples asked Ye Hua as they sat in one of the open fields inside Kulun, away from the throngs of visitors that still flooded to see the newly resurrected master of Kulun.

"Yes, given her personality and her reputation as the reclusive queen of Qing Qiu, you have to have done something really amazing to capture her attention" Another disciple chipped in

"Well..." Ye Hua started only to be interrupted by Bai Qian

"I had to convince him! I was the one who asked him to marry me"

"I don't remember it that way, I spent close to a year following you around Qing Qiu"

"That was the second time, the first time we got married, I was the one who proposed"

"Second time?" someone asked

"Long story, we've been married three times with a clear break between the first and the second." Bai Qian replied her brother disciple then turned to Ye Hua "You cannot discount the first one, if I didn't choose you the first time, you would have had a much more difficult time convincing me the second time"

"I don't think that is possible, I very nearly had to crawl before you said a word to me that wasn't dismissive or in anger" Ye Hua muttered

"Remember Sang Ji? That's what happens when someone I don't choose, decides to try"

"i..." Ye Hua blinked at her in confusion, noting that at some point during their back and forth, the group of disciples with them had left and he was alone with Bai Qian

"Ye Hua," She continued "I'm a nine tailed fox, we choose one partner for eternity. Until I made my choice, I would not have let myself get convinced or committed to anyone so I chose you, the crawling and begging was for forgiveness not for love"

"But you made the decision while you were mortal and without your memory"

"But with my soul, no matter the situation, it would have been the same decision. Mother always said I'd know when I found the person and I did" Bai Qian smiled back at him. "Where did everyone go?" She asked finally aware of her environment and the fact that she was alone with Ye Hua

"Qian Qian" Ye Hua whispered as he grabbed her in a fierce hug

"What's wrong, Ye Hua?" She asked as she felt the tears drop on her shoulder

"I love you" He whispered

"I love you too" She replied running her hands over his back

"why?" He asked tearfully

"Why?" She echoed back in confusion

"After everything I've done and all the ways I've hurt you, why do you still love me?"

"Where is this coming from?" Bai Qian asked pulling out of her husband's arms "When have you ever hurt me?"

"Su Su" He replied

"I see. Did you ask Su Jin to lie to me or ask your grandfather to treat me like the scum of the earth?"

"Umm... No. But ..."

"How is it then your fault?"

"I put you in that situation. If I'd stayed away from you none of that would have happened"

Bai Qian angrily pushed him away "You promised, no vowed, nothing would stop you from loving me for all eternity and yet you're suggesting you should have left me to a life of loneliness. Choose one Ye Hua, either you love me or you do not and if you do, stop torturing both of us with the past. Forgive yourself, you are the only one that hasn't." She whirled and stormed back into the building.

Ye Hua took a deep breath and stopped himself from going after her, she would be mad right now and he needed some air. Everyone seemed to be suggesting he was the one who was not clearly thinking whenever he suggested Qian Qian could do better than to love him , third uncle, Mo Yuan and now Qian Qian herself. He just couldn't understand why she would forgive him.. He walked around till he Hund himself walked at the lotus pond deep in thought until he sensed another presence.

"I figured out why you want me to stay here" Ye Hua began as he turned around to face his brother

Mo Yuan walked up to his brother and stood beside him saying nothing

"You have a great family" Ye Hua continued

"Life is not an individual race, you need a support system so your doubts don't eat you alive"

"She chose me"

"mmhm"

"I don't believe I deserve it but I think the continued doubts discount not only her decision but her love and as she pointed out, my commitment. So I've decided to have faith and to build that faith gradually."

Mo Yuan nodded with his serene smile

"Thank you,.. Brother"

"Ye Hua, they're you family too. I'm sorry I wasn't around to influence your upbringing but I want you to know that I'll always be here from now on. Whatever you need. Nobody will bully you anymore especially not with rules that are better suited for retiring old men than the young ones it is being forced on"

"Can I hug you?"

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving to my American pals. Sorry for the short chapter; currently moving across states coupled with the holiday rush so things have been a little hectic. Hope you enjoy this, next chapter gets back into serious stuff and the final story arc for this fanfic. Thanks for the votes and comments :)