Chapter 15

Bai Qian had stopped wearing her veil since the dinner with Ye Hua's family, not that anyone would notice as she spent most of her day reading opera stories, life books of deceased mortals that Si Ming shared with her and history texts in Ye Hua's study. Little A-Li had an insatiable quest for knowledge that she wanted to encourage so she read the history texts out to him. She had suggested studying with A-Li in his hall or in Zichen but Ye Hua insisted it didn't bother him and that he loved having them in his study.

This morning, he was going to the northern wilderness, it was unlikely he'd be back before tomorrow and it saddened her that they would spend the night apart and that he had not asked her to come along. She sighed as she walked towards the gates of heaven with him.

"Ye Hua, why don't I have my own hall?" Bai Qian kept her head on his shoulder as they walked.

"We only need one hall. You can make any you want changes to Zichen hall" He replied

"I'm being serious"

"Any hall you move into will become Zichen hall, with another name. I'll move in with you and everything will be as it is now"

"I still want a hall"

He nodded "Have someone show you all the halls and you can pick which ever you want"

Bai Qian nodded.

Ye Hua started to leave then turned back and took his wife's hands "Qian Qian promise me you won't go into the hall of beautiful youth"

She had been planning to check the hall out again to see if it still affected her. "Ok" she replied grumpily.

He squeezed her hand "I'll be back tomorrow in time to move into your new hall" He smiled and headed out of the nine heavens

She picked a hall close to Qingyun, she wanted to be close to her son and she knew Ye Hua was not joking when he's said he would move wherever she was. She'd just given cleaning instructions to a group of immortals when Su Jin found her.

"Goddess" Su Jin greeted with a smile.

Bai Qian regarded at her coolly"what brings you here?"

"I heard High goddess was picking a hall and I came to offer my help in getting it set up" she said, keeping her head bowed

"Thank you but seeing as it is my home and I'm very particular about my things, I will not be accepting your help"

"Goddess, the hall of beautiful youth would have been perfect for you, the peach blossoms his highness planted in the hall would make you feel at home. It's just that since the death of his mortal wife, Ye Hua has been protecting the hall the same way he has been guarding his heart and would not allow anyone in there "

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Ye Hua loved her so much that he burns the soul gathering lamp to gather pieces of her soul and bring her back to life. He's holding out for the love of his life to be resurrected"

"Su Jin" Bai Qian responded with a smile lifting the other lady's face with her fan "That was not what you told Su Su, was it?"

She saw confusion creep back into Su Jin's face.

"You told that poor woman Ye Hua was in love with you not her and that she was nothing to him, now you are telling me that she, not you was the love of Ye Hua's life. O Su Jin, what should I believe?"

Su Jin dropped dramatically to her knees "Goddess, you've wronged me. Everything I just said is the truth, you cannot believe a servant's gossip over my words"

"Hmmn, I guess I can give you the benefit of doubt. Maybe I will go check out the hall of beautiful youth later on"

Bai Qian saw the smile on Su Jin's face before it was quickly hidden and laughed to herself.