Chapter 19

"Ye Hua, I don't need to close my eyes to cloud jump" Bai Qian said stubbornly in the peach tree forest. They had just dropped off A-Li with her fourth brother and Zhe Yan and were setting off to enjoy their wedding anniversary.

Ye Hua stood in front of her with his trademark smile plastered on his face and said nothing. Bai Qian sighed, she knew she'd lost the battle, Ye Hua could stand like that for hours saying nothing and waiting for her to complied. Fighting the urge to pout angrily at him, she closed her eyes. She felt his arms around her as he lifted her up and wrapped her arms around his neck. A few moments later, she felt her feet touch the floor and opened her eyes. They were in the house they shared in the mortal realm. The place was decorated in bridal red from the quilt to the curtains to the candles.

"Ye Hua, you want to spend your half of our anniversary in the mortal realm?" She asked, turning to the man standing behind her.

"Marry me, Qian Qian." He said holding out a red wedding outfit indistinguishable from the one she'd worn for their mortal wedding.

She ran her hands over the outfit "It's a little late for a proposal given that we're already married. Proof is that today is our anniversary"

"Marry me again. A simple ceremony for just the two of us like we had when you were mortal where we make vows to each other" 

Bai Qian cradled his face and wiped an errant tear with her thumb. She knew what he was trying to do. She'd given him only one condition when she was mortal and by breaking that along with the events that led to her jumping off Zhuxian terrace, their initial oaths had been nullified and he wanted them back. There were no oaths involved in their immortal wedding, it had been a series of agreements, bows, kowtows and celebrations.

She didn't want to make those vows again, not because she didn't love him or because she thought he would hurt her again but because she feared she would hurt him, she planned to get her revenge at all costs but the people involved were his family, he was going to be inevitably hurt unless she backed out and she didn't plan to. There were also things in her past that she was keeping from him, ironically, that was the exact same situation they had been in when she was mortal except he had been the one with secrets.

"Ye Hua, there are somethings I need to tell you"

"Now?" He asked

"Before we go through another ceremony and you make more vows"

"You think I'll hurt you again" He stated, not moving his gaze from her face

"No!" she took his free hand and brought it to her face "it's not you, Ye Hua. It's me who might hurt you this time" She replied

"I'll take the chance"

"Ye Hua..."

"There is nothing that will stop me from loving you" He interrupted

"Ye Hua, why don't you hear it first"

"No. It doesn't matter what it is. What matters is our love for each other."

"Ye Hua..."

"Do you love me, Qian Qian?"

"With all my heart. But..."

"No buts"

"Even if I killed a lot of people in the past?" She asked

"Even if you killed the father of gods. Qian Qian, I promised to love an protect you for all eternity. I failed once before but I won't let anything stop me this time, not even you or me." Ye Hua vowed vehemently

Bai Qian looked at him with tears in her eyes "I'll marry you today and everyday"

She took the outfit from him and went to change into it.

"You look beautiful" Ye Hua said to her as she walked up to him in her wedding outfit.

She smiled at him and wrapped both hands around one of his. She was nervous as a new bride even though she had been married to the same man twice already. They walked up to the altar he had setup and he let go of her hand to pick up two sticks and hand one to her. She took it, nodded.

"Ye Hua, I'm nervous" She whispered

"I'm here, I'll always be here. Just keep your heart on me and we'll be fine" He replied squeezing her hand.

She nodded and they turned toward the altar.

"I, Ye Hua, in witness of the four seas and eight wildernesses, take Bai Qian as my wife, from today onward, for all eternity, in all lives and generations. I promise to treat her well, guard and protect her whether in fortune or misfortune."

"I, Bai Qian. in witness of the four seas and eight wildernesses, take Ye Hua as my husband, from today onward, for all eternity, in all lives and generations. I promise to treat him well, guard and protect him whether in fortune or misfortune."

They broke the sticks in unison then bowed before the altar three times. When they stood up, he lifted her veil and she realized that she wasn't the only one with tears on her face. She smiled at him and he laughed.