(22) KEATON

PICTURE: The abandoned warehouse.

Something is waking me up out of my dreamless sleep.

Then it stops.

A hand lands on my forehead.

"Aisling, wake up. It is half past ten and we have training to do," Kayde's soft, yet masculine voice soothes. My eyes immediately snap open.

My first alarming thought is: I haven't showered yet!

And then I remember that he can hear me. He chuckles and runs his right hand through my messy hair. "I didn't even notice, sleepyhead. You're beautiful no matter what."

"Liar," I half-way joke.

He leans in so so so close to my lips that I can practically taste his kiss. I smell the cinnamon and warmth dancing on his neck and I want to close the distance between us so much, too much, too badly. Without thinking, I reach my arms around his neck and make a home there.

I could live right here, right now in this moment for eternity.

Kayde is the one who starts the kiss.

His mouth lands on mine before I can resist, not that I would have anyway. He tastes like a mixture of cinnamon, honey and brown sugar.

It drives me wild.

I can't get enough.

I'm gasping for air, struggling to breath, drowning in his kisses and

I

don't

care.

I don't ever want it to stop.

I want to be stuck in this simple ecstasy with him forever and ever.

You're doing it again,he playfully chastises me.

Nothing you don't like.

He groans when I softly bite his bottom lip and pull. I feel my body laying back down with him following suit. He is holding himself up by his elbows, his knee between my legs. Kayde leaves my mouth after a few minutes of blissful kissing and moves down to my jaw.

My neck.

My collarbone.

My chest.

And I can't breathe again.

I am a gallon of gasoline and he is the match. 1 misstep and the room will explode into a cloud of flames and ashes.

Down my shoulder, across to the other, down one arm and then up the opposite. He is driving me mad, almost taunting me. I use all my strength and flip him over to the other side of the bed. This time I am the one in charge.

He smiles at my silent victory. I like when you take charge, he smirks.

His hands touch the small of my back and I feel my whole world crumble. I am amazed that I have not burst into billions upon trillions of tiny particles by now. I wonder how the world is still floating in space when it just shattered.

I plant a soft, teasing kiss on his bottom lip. I graze the tip of his nose and his eyelids. Moving down to his jawline, I plant soft nicks all the way up to his earlobe.

There, I run my teeth along the edge and feel him freeze.

Did I do something wrong?