(32) IT'S OVER

PICTURE: Aisling and Brayden as kids. This is to symbolize their bond and her love for him. She will do anything to keep him safe and sound. Remember that at the end of this chapter :,)

"Okay, sweet, this might hurt a little," Kayde warns while placing a light kiss on my forehead and closing his eyes.

We are back in my bedroom at the Whitlen home. Although I have only been home for a few minutes, I cannot stand the agony radiating from my arm anymore.

"I think I can deal with it,"I say back, not intending the sarcastic tone that slips out.

I hear Kayde grunt behind me. "I'm so sorry, Aisling. I meant to get to you. I—" hecontinues on until I cut him off.

"I know, Kayde. You've apologized one-hundred times. It's not your fault,"I soothe and reach out to touch his face with my only good hand. "Please just fix my arm. I would like to take a shower sometime today. I smell like death. Pun intended,"I joke halfheartedly. After my experience with the Aragon Pack, I just want to bury myself in a hole and never resurface.

He gives me a slight smile and places my hand back to my side. I am currently laying in my lavish bed, my shattered arm laying on the firmest pillow we could find. My body has broken out in cold sweats and my skin is the color of chalk.

"You know how this works,"he begins. "It's not pleasant. And it's not going to be as easy as last time. Especially since I have to realign your arm."

My eyes squeeze shut. I am unable to find the words to speak. I know, Kayde. Please just do it.

I love you, he says to me while I hear the familiar sound of tearing flesh.

I decide to not watch this time for the sake of my sanity. I am 200 percent positive that I will pass out if I watch his blood come near my face.

The scent of salt and metal abruptly swarm my senses and makes a home there. The warm, metallic blood oozes down my throat slowly and maliciously. My nose is turned up in disgust for having to do this again. I hear Kayde chuckle and then promptly stop.

It will only last a minute or two, he says to me. Ready?

10,

20,

30.

Kayde's firm hands are around my arm: 1 on my bicep and the other on my forearm. With a twist, I feel every shattered bone shifting back into place. The screeching, all-encompassing sound of bone-against-bone fills my ears and my body begins to convulse.

My shrieks pierce through the silent home. I am screaming bloody murder, the walls are shaking and I hear the glass in my vanity crack crack crack.

Kayde's lips are on my forehead, my non-broken arm, my cheek. He is trying to calm me down, whilst holding to the bed at the same time. It is dire for me to not move until my arm is healed, according to Kayde.

"I know, Aisling. I know it hurts. It will be over soon,"he tries to soothe.

His words only make me want to punch him in the teeth.

The pain lasts for the next 12 or 30 minutes. I'm not sure. But I can't stop the gasp of relief when I finally feel his blood making its way into my bloodstream and begin to fuse my bones together.

"See?"he says while laying down next to me. "It's healing as we speak."Kayde wipes the tears away from my face with a warm gray wash cloth and I finally open my eyes.