Chapter 25: A Knight's Devotion

Age: 15

I've debated on the murder of multiple people.

I've thought of how to mix the correct chemicals to dissolve the body too. No evidence.

Right now the number one on my hit list is Gerald...

"Please let go..." my fury was barely contained at this point.

"Don't wanna~" his irritating laugh is wearing me down both mentally and physically. Does he have no shame...? Obviously not. Otherwise he wouldn't be clutching my leg with both hands and hanging on while I walk and drag him down the hallway to our entrance.

To of course, escort him out.

I finally snapped.
I pivoted and before he could roll away, I sent a swift kick to his abdomen.

I don't kick softly either. He hit the wall with a loud enough thud to knock a few pictures off the wall. The delicate frames cracked. Gerald similarly coughed haggardly.

He grimaced before standing up and dusting himself off, as if he wasn't just rolling on the floor like a kid!
"How mean Rosie.. and for someone so small to have such force..." for the first time he looked a little frightened. I felt victorious in my heart, but also wronged.
I knew this bastard was just acting.

"Get out... I have a headache because of your stupidity" Gerald played hurt at my words, even gripping his chest and falling to his knees. As if I were a lover betraying him... the nerve!

"I'm breaking ribs next kick..." I was at my wits end at this point. Gerald was quick to his feet.

"Well~ Rosie, I'll see you next week! "

.... guess he likes his ribs...

Gerald quickly made his way out and to his personal carriage. I made sure he left the property.

I was finally alone...

No Family. Father and Vincent are at the Castle, and mother is attending a charity event in the Fief.

No Gerald now, and Ceil is busy with his side business... something shady I'm sure.

Ricin took a vacation to see an old friend he happened to run into at the Fairy Kingdom, so he would be gone for a week.

I'm completely free!

I nearly cried in joy, and I hurriedly made my way to my room to change from the stuffy corset and heavy fabrics to a simple dress.

I chose a soft pink dress, even lighter than my hair. It was simple and thin, great for the summer air. It hung off both shoulders, and only came to the end of my shoulder with a soft wave line. Then it just flowed around me. It made me look like an actual flower, but it Was cool and full of non restricting fabric... it's a commoner style but made out of silk.
My personal design!

I grabbed a few books, and ordered Angie to set a large set of pillows out in the garden. I wanted my own little bedspace to read in the shade and enjoy the weather. Alone.

Once outside, I settled under an old willow tree, Azalea flowers bloomed all around it. Tea and cakes were set out for me, and Angie stood off to the side in the shade, enjoying the weather as well.

I enjoyed myself like that for nearly three hours before I was finally disturbed.
Though, it was by someone more than unexpected.

Before me, who sat in a pool of pillows with books surrounding me, was an extremely tall and dark figure.
None other than Phillip...