Ever After

Age: 19

Going from a Duke's daughter, to a Duchess, is not at all a leap in anything new.
I did exactly as my mother does, and as a married woman, I even see my mother at parties held by other noble women.

I wasn't as active before marriage in politics and social gatherings, so not many knew of me besides rumors. Some said I was trying to aim for the throne with how much time I spent with Ceil, or that I was aiming to become the wife of the many King's aids.
The joke is on them, because when I married Duke Violet- Kai, and became the Duchess... the whole Kingdom blew up with surprise and shock!
Of course, there was quite literally no news on me and Kai being together.
Then people started gossiping about it merely being a marriage of convenience.

Though, with a husband like mine who never fails to show as my partner to a ball, or picks me up himself in the carriage to take me home... once again. The joke is on them.

My wedding was even bigger than the Royal Wedding. The case was because of my outside connections. The Royal Family of Karmillia hates the Frare Kingdom, but still made their presence at my wedding which was held at the Winter Palace. Kai put the entire wedding together as well, with help from my mother of course.

I failed to mention how much my mother adores Kai. It's like she found the man of her dreams, but in a son-in-law way.

Vincent hates Kai. Never fails to mention it either. Kai isn't fond of Vincent... mainly because he isn't a brother by blood.

Ceil married Katrina before me and Kai married, and their wedding was very sweet, but not over the top like Ceil wanted. Katrina and I have also gotten closer, having partners both so high up.
Ironically, Kai was made the Prime Minister too, while Vincent took control of the military. Father's spartan training really did pay off for him. I was proud.
The Violet Dukedom focuses on ministry, foreign affairs, and the treasury. Once Kai forcefully made his father retire, and sent him off to a remote estate in their Fief to handle smaller affairs there, he took control of everything left behind.
I didn't realize Kai was actually very good at socializing, though he uses his playboy persona, as well as extremely smart. He graduated from the Academy after only a year, of course I followed after him, and merely tested out of all their primary study sections.
I was recently offered a teaching position at the Academy in their science division. Someone as high up as me makes it difficult for the students to abuse their positions and make it hard on the Professors.
I was apprehensive on how Kai would handle it, but he was very supportive, despite being able to spend less time with me during the school year. I guess he just worked harder when I wasn't around, to clear time on school breaks so we could spend everyday together. It made me very happy.
Though, exhausted at night from his rigorous stamina.

Vincent also got engaged... and to the woman of my own choosing. Secretly of course. Even she didn't know, which made it all the better.
Her name is Hanna Louise Parkinson, a tiny blonde woman about my size and height, with big doe brown eyes. She's a beautiful girl, but that wasn't why I chose her. Of course, I have to like my sister-in-law no?
I found her when I was sneaking out of the house to explore the capital before my marriage.
She was also in disguise, but not very well.

She's a woman blessed by a wind fairy, and though she thought I couldn't tell, she was also a contractor. Ricin told me after my visit to the Fairy Kingdom, I made an impact. More fairies were contracting humans. A life time bond.
Hanna's fairy is a small blue and gold bird that rested on her shoulder, and when Ricin pointed it out, I was amazed.

So I followed her, to see what kind of woman contracted a fairy.

Just like the wind, she was incredibly hard to track and find. Yet, when I finally caught up... she was at an orphanage.
It was near the same place my father picked up Vincent.