Chapter 40: Being A Villainess

They say dreams are a gateway into your true self. What your mind finds important, it will replay it before saving the pieces it deems worthy.

Something I had realized long before though, was that, a dream can hold a lot more power than assumed.

The person who taught me this, was none other than Eviquence... Queen of the Mermaids.
Someone I called master, and someone I saw as a role model... in a way.

For the oddest reason, in my dream, the words she spoke so long ago came forth.

"Bia, youth is arrogance, the belief that nothing can kill you. Enjoy such youth, for even we Mermaids, who have lived hundreds of years, still hold onto this arrogance"

Youth is arrogance.

Truly, when I was actually a youth before I reincarnated, I was ridiculously arrogant.
I did drugs constantly, never cared for my health, and always expected to wake up Fine the next morning. As if I wasn't living in danger.
Somehow, after becoming Rosalia, I became such a coward.

Where was my arrogance? My ego?

Where was my confidence?

Eviquence was a masterpiece of a warrior. Her golden eyes could slice through you faster than any blade. Formidable, intimidating, and completely arrogant. When she fought, she never held even an inch of herself back. Every battle to her, was to the death.
Fearless, and not the slightest bit humble. She was a Queen. A Demi-goddess.

So when I saw the bloody red eyes that only children dream about in horror movies, in my dream, I didn't feel immediate panic like I assumed.

I felt absolute fury.

My body was paralyzed, and while I could sense the presence of Gerald, or whom I presumed to be, I was stuck in sleep paralysis. An in between state of consciousness and unconsciousness.

Truly sinister.

Yet, this fucking bastard has the audacity to invade my sleep? To send me to another plane of existence?

To haunt my dreams for nearly 11 years?

I felt uninhibited fury. Rage. I have never been so angry.

It was like being stuck in a black void, but the eyes above me were like a wild animal, yet filled with intelligence. A Demon.

Specifically one who haunts my dreams. Apparently trying to consume my soul.

How many years had this bastard evaded all my efforts? Now he makes a scene?
Now he comes?

I had movement in my dream, I could move my arms, and I could feel all regular bodily functions.

Maybe it wants me to suffer?

The heavy sound of guttural breathing.

If it breathes, then one can assume you can stop that oxygen?

I was likely under a type of dark magic, famous to demons. This magic fed on souls of living creatures.

The only way to break a dark magic spell was a strong enough counter magic.
Light magic.

But I didn't have light magic. I had only Ricin's magic.

But I had poison, a specialized magic special to Ricin.