Chapter 34: Negotiations

I truly am trying to stand firmly.
I prepared for this right? I'm not a weak child anymore. I'm the unconfident woman left to her own insanity, nor am I the little pink haired girl that cried after a nightmare.

No, this is exactly what I wanted. A conflict to over come. This is it, what the Queen Fairy told me, what I needed to struggle so much for. I'll be facing my enemies head on this time.
I firmed my resolve, as stealthily began our journey to finding Ceil's room.
Judging from the layout of the Castle and a random last conversation where Ceil mentioned he changed his bedroom location so he could see the inner court garden his mother cared for, I assumed it would be in the inner most back area of the castle.

Damn this place is huge.

Like a couple of ruffians, we snuck past and evaded night patrolling knights.

When we finally made it to the back of the Castle on the fourth floor, I couldn't hold it any longer.

"Hey..." my voice was barely a whisper, "aren't we... cat burglars now..?" 

Two pairs of eyes stared at me with such defeat, I nervously smiled. I couldn't help it, under so much stress, I needed some outlet.

We continued our search, and of course, I made my guess that the giant double doors no less than a king would have, were Ceil's.
We all nodded before quietly slipping into the room.

"I'll set up a noise proof barrier with my magic, so we don't have to worry about alerting anyone else" Ricin said lowly, as we moved past the first room decorated in light couches and a tea table. Ceil's usual paper work was nearly piled on a desk facing a window facing a garden.
Looks like we made the right choice.

Then we appeared before two double doors again, likely leading to the bedroom.

"I'll go in first" Kai spoke now, and I chocked up a little seeing the handsome man dressed like a mercenary. He fit the look more than the flirtation playboy he acted like at the Academy. His solemn attitude felt far more genuine.

I nodded, Ricin calmly stood back with his arms folded. He looked very scholarly, I must admit.

Kai easily opened the doors, all was quiet as we waited with baited breathe.

"Can I help you?" Ceil's familiar chilly voice floated out. I was a bit startled but calmed myself down.
This bastard was very unlikely to change. He will always remain the same unfeeling big boss of all villains.

Kai paused, before looking towards me.

Ceil emerged, not the least bit as if he was sleeping. He was still dressed in formal wear, expect he didn't have a heavy royal jacket.
Does... does he sleep like this? How much of a workaholic...?

His sharp eyes narrowed on me, before his brow furrowed as he looked a bit confused. He likely saw many differences between me and the Rosalia of this world.

Kai's heavy gaze made me realize he was leaving negotiations to me.
Why me though? I sighed.

"Well..." I felt extremely awkward now. I could see Ceil's fairy floating behind him, eyeing Ricin wearily.

"Guess you wouldn't believe me if I said I was just craving the palace's tea...? Haha..."

Now all eyes were looking at me like I've lost my damn mind. I have honestly. I'm exhausted.

"Okay, Calm your buttons, I swear my career in comedy will surely one day take off. You'll see" I said with a sigh.

"Well, Mr Prince Charming, I've come seeking asylum and negotiations. Honestly. I need your help" I said seriously now.