Chapter 13- Hate love

ONE YEAR LATER:

"Well, it's time to go!" CC shouted excitedly as we walked out of the pit of darkness that was my home for the past year.

Once I stepped outside, I took a deep breath appreciating the fresh air. I had missed it. The guys had promised to get me out of here a long time ago, but they failed. I don't blame them though. There was nothing that they could do about it. But I'm on my way home now and there's no way I'm letting anything get me back into that institution again. They started bringing Clementine with them on visits and she has been the sweetest, most understanding child on the planet. I told her that I was very sick and had to stay away from home until I got better. I can't wait to see her again.

"Thanks CC for everything," I said as we got into his car.

"No problem buddy!" he smiled at me.

I laid my head on the seat and opened the window. My eyes studied the people passing by, the shops, trees, parks, children having fun. I had missed it all. The life outside of my hell hole where people were free. They have no idea how lucky they are to not know what it's like in a mental institution. How free they are. How happy they could be.

The only thing that I am looking forward to is seeing my daughter. If Andy were alive we would be a happy family. Yes, I've finally accepted the fact that Andy is dead. I know that over a year ago, I didn't want to accept it. I constantly hallucinated about it, but that's all changed since I've accepted that he's no more. But, I still miss him so dearly. Even though he was a cheater. If he was still alive I would have forgiven him for it, but unfortunately I do not have that luxury. It does, however, still hurt to know that he left me for another guy. Or other guys because Richard classified him as a whore. It makes sense. He was sleeping around, got tired of me, and left me before he committed suicide. But I'm over that. He is still in my heart. I still love him. I just wish he were alive and that he was here next to me with his actual physical body. I've never loved anyone as much as I love Andy. I had spent my entire adulthood adoring him even though he had no clue about it at first. We were always meant to be I believe. There's no Andy without Ashley and no Ashley without Andy. That is very true. Even now, a year after his death, I am not the person I once was. I've lost the person who completed me. The person who made life worth living. The person I would give my life for. Our life together is the definition of love. I had always thought we would grow old together. I know that I could never love another. And I hope that one day we meet again. I will wait. Andy might have hurt me, but he is the best thing that ever happened to me.

"We're here!" CC exclaimed as we stopped outside of Jinxx's house.

The car came to a stop and before I knew it, Clementine came running outside with Jinxx and Alice following behind her.

"Dad, I've missed you!"

I could hear her from inside the car. When I stepped outside I picked her up and swung her around. She looked just like a little female version of Andy.

"I've missed you too my girl," I said as tears streamed down my face.

"Welcome back Ashley!" Jinxx and Alice exclaimed simultaneously.

I shot them a smile and followed them with CC into their house. Once inside I was greeted by Anna.

"Hey," I said, "Where's Jake and Inna?"

"Oh, they're on their way!" CC answered excitedly.

A few minutes passed and Jake arrived with his loving wife. Upon laying his eyes on me, as if he were not expecting me to be here, he sprinted towards me and greeted me with a harsh tackle which I think was supposed to be loving and playful.