Chapter 18- Tell me your secrets

A/N: I apologize for the extremely late update. I know it has been weeks, perhaps a month, that I have last updated this book. I was dealing with a lot of emotional stress, including the passing of my grandfather and had assignments and tests due to add to that. The time for writing was pushed aside. It was the last thing on my mind and I hope you all can understand that. Once again, I apologize.

"Clementine!"I shouted as I picked her up. Jinxx followed me into the house and set Clementine's things down on the table next to the couch where Andy slept unpeacefully.

"Is he okay?" Jinxx asked.

"I don't know. And I don't care. Probably all of his sins catching up to him," I lied. The truth is I was worried about Andy, but I didn't want to admit that.

Jinxx sighed and shot me a sympathetic smile before excusing himself. I watched him leave without saying another word.

"Who was that?" Andy asked grumpily as he woke up.

It took all of the strength inside me not to smile as he did so. Some things just don't change. He still wakes up grumpily, but luckily I know what will cure that. I went to the kitchen and made him a cup of coffee with Clementine still on my hips. She's seven years old already, but she loves being treated like a baby.

"Daddy, why are you smiling?"

My smile quickly faded from my face after she asked that. Why was I smiling? Surely, it isn't about Andy. That's ludicrous.

"I was just thinking of a joke honey."

"Can you put me down please?"

"Why?" I asked suspiciously.

"I want to talk to dad."

Without hesitation, I set her on the floor and she sprinted towards the tv room where Andy was still awakening from his terrible sleep. She didn't want to talk to him last night. I guess Jinxx and Alice must have talked to her.

Once the water was boiled, I poured the water into the cup and stirred it before taking it to Andy. When I looked at him, I saw only pain in his eyes. Pain, fear and hurt. He wasn't the Andy I used to know. And the dreams that he had last night bothers me. He repeated the words, "I'm sorry" accompanied by sobbing throughout his sleep. I could hear it from my bedroom upstairs. Suddenly, the hatred buried inside me decided to release itself as I thought about Andy with another man. It serves him damn right that he's having nightmares.

"Here's your coffee you filthy whore!" I shouted as I handed it to him.

Andy took the coffee, but when I looked into his eyes I regretted what I had just said. Andy flinched as those words escaped my mouth and I could tell he was holding back tears.

"What's a whore?" Clementine asked innocently.

"Clementine go to your room and don't you dare repeat that word!" I shouted angrily. She jumped off of Andy and ran upstairs, taking her teddy bear and some toys with her.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to me.

I sighed sitting down next to him. Okay he cheated on me. He left me for another man. Faked his own death, but I still love him and I really do care no matter how much I won't admit it.Taking his hand in mine, I allowed my natural instinct to take over and scooted closer to kiss his cheek. My heart nearly dropped by the reaction he had to my kiss. He closed his eyes and tried to move away from me. When I broke the kiss to look at him, his eyes remained closed. After a few seconds he opened them and a look of fear spread on his face as he saw me staring at him.

"I'm sorry," he said again before turning his face away from me.

It's weird that he keeps apologising. Maybe he really is sorry for what he has done, but he doesn't have to apologize the entire time.