Final Chapter: I'm ready to bleed to make amends

So this will be the final chapter since Ashley Purdy is gone and I've lost all motivation to continue this book. I hope that all of you have enjoyed reading it and thanks for actually taking the time to read. Every vote, comment, or "xyz added this to his/her reading list" really means a lot to me and motivates me to write. So thanks a lot guys :)

I clenched my fists together as I walked around the neighbourhood. Onlookers couldn't keep their eyes off of me because they're obviously not used to a grown man crying, but whatever. I don't care. I need this. I hope Andy understands why I left him and Clementine home alone early this morning. I just really needed to clear my head after what he told me last night. And to think that I was so heartless. To think that I hated him. It broke my heart:

"Are you sure you want to know the full story?"

"Tell me everything."

Andy sat up in bed and I sat up with him, waiting for him to talk.

"Well, the reason I faked my death is not so simple. Please just listen Ashley before you say anything!" he pleaded.

"You see at the beginning of last year, Michael texted me out of nowhere. I didn't reply to him at first, but as soon as he mentioned you and Clementine I responded. I eventually agreed to meet him just so that he could leave you and Clementine out of the picture." Andy gulped on the verge of tears so I pulled him closer to me. After a few minutes, he eventually spoke again.

"The thing is Michael forced me into a relationship with him. He said that if I didn't leave you, you would pay. You and Clementine."

I gasped at the thought of Andy being in a forced relationship. I wasn't there to protect him. Why didn't he just tell me?

"Andy, you should have told me. We could have worked something out."

"Just listen Ashley please!"

I sighed in defeat and allowed him to continue.

"The thing is I had a plan. But I couldn't go ahead with it. When I met him, he invited me over to his place. My plan was to get a recording of his threats and then take it to the police for our safety, but as soon as we arrived at his house, there were tough, big guys surrounding me. They were dangerous people. Threatened me to leave you. And I couldn't escape. I was paralysed by fear. These guys worked for him. I was sent home afterwards to break up with you and they actually attached devices to me to hear everything I was saying. If I removed it, it would kill me. At least that's what they said. I didn't want to take any chances."

I still didn't understand. Andy could have written it out or found some other way to tell me when he saw me if they were listening in on him. This seems like a movie. Too unreal.

"I know you're confused Ash, but-"

"No Andy! I'm more than confused. I can't understand-"

"Ashley! I asked you nicely not to interrupt me!"

"Sorry," I bit my lip.

"Anyway," Andy's lips quivered. He took a deep breath before continuing, " I never meant to hurt you Ash. The reason I ended things so badly with you was because Michael said I had to. Now I know that sounds absurd, but I don't think I was thinking properly at the time because your safety was mentioned and I didn't know what to believe. I didn't want to take any chances. And the people he was involved with could easily hurt you. So I listened to him. He told me to do to you what I did to him. He wanted to see you hurt. I had to make you believe that I didn't love you anymore. I had to make you hate me. The same way I did to him when I married you instead. I'm so sorry Ash," Andy burst out in tears, "I was only trying to protect you."