What Really Matters

*Jungkook's pov*

Monday 8:00 am.

Today marks the beginning of the most stressful week in my life.

"THE WEEK BEFORE PROM"

Honestly I shouldn't be this stressed because I've been to prom before, but this year is different, not only is it my last prom but this year I am going with the most important person in the world and I just want everything to be perfect. I still haven't asked Y/n to prom yet even though almost everyone in school has asked their dates, that's because she told me she has never been to prom and I want to ask her in a special way that she will remember, I just haven't figured it out yet, but my time was running out and I had to take drastic measures, I needed advice and I knew exactly who to ask.

Jk: Hey guys!

N: What's up Jungkook?

Jk: Uh, nothing much...

Jin: Did you ask Y/n to prom yet?

Jk: Uh... about that...

T: Are you serious Jk?!

J: I'm sorry to tell you bro, but you don't have much time!

Jk: I know, that's why I need your help.

H: What is it?

Jk: I don't know how to ask her...

Y: Just say "Will you go to prom with me".

Jk: You don't get it Yoongi, I want it to be special, so I thought who better to help me than her best friends!

N: Honestly Jk I think you should just ask her.

T: He can't just ask her Namjoon, this is Y/n's first prom!

J: It need's to be big and romantic, something that she will never forget!

Jin: We'll teach you!

Y: Yeah because you already got dates, oh wait, no you don't.

Everyone except for Tae, Jimin and Jin started laughing including myself, I quickly stopped when I spotted Y/n walking over to us with a smile on her face.

Y/n: Hey guys!

All: Hey Y/n!

Y/n: What are you talking about?

All the guys just looked at me along with Y/n and Namjoon gave me a sigh to just ask her to prom, but I couldn't do it so I lied.

Jk: We were talking about class...

Y/n: Oh really, you weren't talking about prom?

Jk: Whaaat... why would we talk about something as boring as prom, get it together Y/n!

Y/n's smile instantly faded and she looked at me with a saddened expression "I fucked up!"

Y/n: Ok then I guess I'll see you guys later...

I tried to speak to her but she just walked away from us joining the girls that were a little further from us, suddenly I felt someone hitting the back of my neck and I brought my hand up to that spot before turning around to find Yoongi looking at me with disappointment in his eyes.

Jk: What the heck?!

Y: You blew it.

The guys all shook their heads while looking at me and walked away while walking to class leaving me alone in the hallway "Guess they are not helping me". Y/n didn't talk to me for the rest of the day which made everything worse, I felt really bad but the only thing I could do was think of a great way to ask her so that I could make up for it "Tomorrow is a new day"