Chapter 2

Shock in Jungkook eyes at seeing me after so long but knowing my ex husband... he hid the surprise so well now that he shows his arrogance almost instantly;

Jungkook was still every bit as good-looking as I remembered him to be, the look on his handsome face but, ugh! I quickly evaded the eye contact and bowing in greeting.

Now here I am stood in front of him awkwardly, unsure of what to say or where shall I begin first?

Taehyung exhaled slowly taking a deep breath, before saying, "I r- really need to talk t- to you, in private, its urgent," Tae said almost losing his composure.

"Fine, we will talk if that is what you wish." Jungkook cast a glance over at the clock hanging on the wall,

"We will talk over coffee then. Follow me." he turn and head to the elevator with Taehyung followed behind him.

________

They're now in the cafe they used to date before their divorce. Jungkook hold the glass door for Tae to enter first and pulled out the chair for Taehyung to be seated too.

This was what Jungkook used to do in the past, and his acts of gentlemanliness was enough to make Taehyung wish to cry again but he control his emotions,

it was so hard to breathe right at that moment as they were facing each other.

"Hmm.." Jungkook said softly "Try the fruity tea; it is of a good quality," -

Tae forces a smile and nod in agreement, before picking up the cup in front of him as well. Raising the cup to his lips, he could feel Jungkook eyes on him.

He was watching deeply like he used to do, but this time round, it was not at all welcoming. The strong, piercing gaze makes him panic that he sip in more of the piping hot liquid tea than he could take.

The heat from the tea slice his tongue slightly before he pulled away to cough and his face turned cherry as he tried to hold back the oncoming coughs but couldn't.

Tae could only gasp in shock when he felt a soft hand pat on his back, rubbing circles and asking if he was alright. Jungkook sat down again in his seat, while his eyes continued its gaze on him,

"So, talk when you're ready,"

"Hanie, our daughter.. S- she has been diagnosed w- with leukemia" Tae finally said, biting his lower lip,

"What did you just say?" Jungkook said in a deadly quiet tone;

"Since when?" he asked, still unable to process the shocking news that came to him but the moment he heard about it, he had to find out why fate had dealt such a cruel blow to a young child.

"Since two months ago.." Tae replied, "I started noticing r- red spots on her skin, and she has been complaining of c- constant pain in the bones. I thought it was chicken pox or s- something, but when I brought her to the clinic, the doctor suggested that I bring her to the hospital immediately"

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Tae went on in a soft tone.

"This is why I c- came to look for you.. Hanie has been placed on a chemotherapy treatment plan more than a month ago, but her body is n- not exactly responding well to it,"

Jungkook was listening intently but he still so deathly silent....

"The doctor told me that the best chances for survival will be a bone marrow transplant. B- but no matter how hard I've searched, I cannot find any suitable match for her,"

Tae's tears slipped down his cheeks as he recalled the disappointments he suffered. "My own didn't match hers, a- and now, you are her final hope,"

Jungkook did not make a sound, but his hand was clenched tightly into a fist so tight!

"I beg of you.. please make a trip down to the hospital with me to take the test" Tae continued, bowing deeply while sitting down.

"Will right now be convenient?"

"Now? T- thank you, Jungkook. Thank you so much" He smiled through the tears, "Thank you for saving Hanie,"

"She is my daughter too," He simply replied.

Taehyung fell silent for a moment, before saying in a much softer voice, "I- I'am sorry, Jungkook-ah,"

"Why do you apologize?"

"I did not t- take good care of her, it m- ust be my fault that she fell sick! Maybe because she hasn't been eating good food with me. Could it be that she has eaten t- too much instant ramen or something? Or maybe because o- our living conditions are not good e- enough? Maybe because I did not buy any vitamin pills for-"

"Taehyung, calm down. It is not your fault,"

"N- no, no.. it has to be somehow-?"

"Tae, no one wished for this to happen. Stop blaming yourself,"
Jungkook interrupted firmly. "If you wish to blame yourself, then you have to blame me too!"

Tae stopped in his rambling, and settled for crying soundlessly, except for an occasional sniffle. "I don't want her to die, Kook, She's only five..."

"Our child will not die, Taehyung. I will not allow that to happen. She will live"

 She will live"